SMA SUNNY TRIPOWER CORE 33kW

dks1
dks1 Registered Users Posts: 20 ✭✭
Hi Everyone,

I was hoping if someone could explain to me what it means for a “Nominal AC Voltage 480V/ 227V WYE” and an “AC Voltage Range of 244V... 305V” This is for a Grid-tie System.
The reason being is i have a 3Phase 230V Electrical System in Philippines.
Would my voltage match with the specs given by SMA Tripower? Would it work or should i need a transformer to step-up my 3Ø voltage to match a 480V..

Thanks..

Comments

• mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2021 #2
    There are two 3 phase configurations WYE and Delta, WYE has a center ground bonded neutral with 3 windings radiating from the center whereas Delta has no neutral with 3 windings connected in series with one another see diagram below.

The WYE allows 2 voltages, low value between line and neutral or high between line and line, or two windings in series, Delta on the other hand  has a single voltage available.

The nominal voltage is what the device is rated at but will tolerate values above or below within reason, this would be the AC voltage range. 
    My understanding is that in the Philippines 3 phase 230V without neutral is common, if so, there are two issues that need to be considered, the SMA requires a neutral and the voltage is out of range. Wether the utility is using a WYE without providing a neutral, or Delta transformer is unknown to me, my suggestion is to use a qualified local electrican who is more familiar with local practices. 

1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • dks1
    dks1 Registered Users Posts: 20 ✭✭
    mcgivor said:
    There are two 3 phase configurations WYE and Delta, WYE has a center ground bonded neutral with 3 windings radiating from the center whereas Delta has no neutral with 3 windings connected in series with one another see diagram below.

The WYE allows 2 voltages, low value between line and neutral or high between line and line, or two windings in series, Delta on the other hand  has a single voltage available.

The nominal voltage is what the device is rated at but will tolerate values above or below within reason, this would be the AC voltage range. 
    My understanding is that in the Philippines 3 phase 230V without neutral is common, if so, there are two issues that need to be considered, the SMA requires a neutral and the voltage is out of range. Wether the utility is using a WYE without providing a neutral, or Delta transformer is unknown to me, my suggestion is to use a qualified local electrican who is more familiar with local practices. 

Hi Mcgivor,

Thank you for the input.. the only way i could make Tripower 33kW SMA work is to have a utility voltage of 480V-277V? Correct?

Thanks!