Conext SW4024 Battery Bank question

NewArt
NewArt Registered Users Posts: 2
Hi All
First post on this forum. My apologies if I didn’t post it in the correct area. 
I’m hoping that someone that has extensive experience with the Schneider Conext SW4024 inverter/charger can help me out. I am not using solar but I use the inverter/charger and battery bank for time of use shifting. 
I have the Conext SW4024 and I am using it with 5 Tesla battery modules. Each individual Tesla module is 233aH and they are all wired in parallel for a combined 1,165aH battery bank. When I go into the SW4024 settings, charger, battery, the max I can set my battery bank to is 1,000aH. Is there a way to change this setting so it accurately reflects the size of my battery bank? I have the SW4024 set up for Lithium Ion. 
Additionally, I also have the Schneider SCP and the battery meter on the front of the SCP display is no where near accurate. When my battery is charged full (I have it limited to 24.8v) the battery meter only says it’s about 1/2 full and when the battery is down to approx 22v the battery meter on the SCP reads zero. 
I have tried extensive research online about both of the above but can’t come up with any solutions. I have also tried reaching out directly to Schneider online to their technical department but they can’t seam to figure out who I can speak to. Apparently nobody there at that huge company knows anything about the SW4024. LOL 
Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. 
Thanks

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The SCP is for indication only and I/O control/configuration.

You would use the Schneider Battery monitor to get very accurate data and network into xanbus. The Bat mon will then show up as a device on SCP or gateway.

Schneider is really not looking to help DIY unless it is a warranty issue, or if you sound like you know what you are asking. That can be hard to do if you do not have the background. My opinion, Good Luck!
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020 #3
    The first thing to understand is the SW is primarily designed for use with lead acid batteries, it is however capable of being set up using custom settings to utilize lithium batteries. With a DIY bank one needs to understand the charge/discharge curve of the individual cells, there is a distinct rise and fall at the extremes, known as the knees, there is very little capacity above or below the voltages. For reasons of safety, along with preventing cell damage, it's commonly recommend not to exceed these values, particularly if the ballance of the cells is unknown, more so if there is no BMS.

The above is intended merely as a caution, although I am currently using lithium, cells they are LiFePo4 so values are irrelevant to your modules although similar in principle. This link may be of some assistance  http://offgrid100.com/tesla-battery/ 

As for the settings of the Conext SW the capacity setting mentioned is to allow the charger to calculate the 2% end amps transition to float for lead acid batteries, with lithium the value is not relevant as the charging would be terminated by voltage alone by having bulk/absorption set at the same value and absorption set to a short time duration, I use 6 minutes. This is with solar but would be the same 3 stage if using grid, but obviously if a generator is being used you would not float charge but shut down the generator.

The SCP battery indication is not related to actual capacity but based on the battery voltage, it may appear to be 50% then as soon as the absorption timeout is reached it suddenly jumps to a solid bar appearing to be 100% and most likely based on LA as 22V would be completely discharged. As pointed out by Dave a battery monitor would be a better solution if this information is important to have, my BMS has a shunt based capacity readout but it tends to drift I've time, perhaps the Schneider battery monitor is better?

What are your current settings and is grid available or generator only?
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • NewArt
    NewArt Registered Users Posts: 2
    Good morning and thank you for the above replies. It’s unfortunate the SCP won’t display proper battery levels on the display without a separate Schneider battery meter. Not the end of the world, I can monitor it based on voltage. I do not use a generator. I only have grid power coming into the SW for charging. 

My settings are as follows and pictures attached. 
    Control - 2 stage no float
    Bulk voltage - 24.8v
    Max Bulk Current - 90.0a
    Bulk Term Voltage - 24.4v
    max charge rate 95%
    Default Batt Temp - warm (my batteries are inside)
    recharge volts - 22.5v
    absorb time - 5 minutes