Outback EnergyCell 200PLR VRLA-AGM 12V 200 AH

Is anyone familiar with the Outback EnergyCell 200PLR VRLA-AGM 12V 200 AH battery?  NAWS sells Outback batteries, but this one is different.  200 AH at 12v for less than $400.  My Concorde 6v 400 AH have served me for almost 8 years.  The Outback would provide 200 AH more power for the little more cost when replacing the 24v Concorde bank.  I know...there would be three banks.  One is optimal.  But, for the price?  I cannot find any reviews or discussions on the web on these batteries.  I am all ears.

Comments

• mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The price of lead acid batteries is largely governed by the mass of material used, the remainder is warranty and brand name recognition. Check the weight of  2 Concord 6V 400Ah  versus 2 Outback 200Ah, my bet would be the Concord would be heavier.

The Outback  price per Ah is close to that of top of line CALB  LiFePo4  cells considering usable energy, but pale in comparison to cycle life expectancy, if replacement is necessary you may want to consider 21 century technology as opposed to 19 century.
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • firerescue712
    firerescue712 Solar Expert Posts: 95 ✭✭
    Went with the 19th century technology.  Concorde AGM.  It is a choice, and I made it MY way.  Moderator, please close this discussion.
This discussion has been closed.