Is it mold?
Below are 2 pictures of the paper side of some fiberglass insulation. Normally mold would never be a concern here, it's just not something you think about in the arid Southwest. However, I put a ventless propane fireplace in this building last winter, and they produce quite a bit of humidity. This is a nice bonus for the winter in New Mexico, where relative humidity is usually in the single digits. Buuuut now I am noticing this. Strangely, some of it has started recently, and humidity is around 20%. I fired up a dehumidifier and it hasn't generated a single drop of water. What do you think? Is this mold? Should I just replace those pieces of insulation and start running dehumidifiers for the winter?
0 · Share on Twitter