XW6848 Conext InsightCloud sending alarm email notifications every 5 minutes

I had a legit anti-islanding over frequency event this morning.  Usually receive a corresponding clear email message in 5 minutes.  Never got the clear email message, though the event did clear as far as the inverter and the SCP were concerned.  Now, about 9 hours after the event, I've received 92 emails for the same event, one every 5 minutes.  I've reset the gateway and the inverter, still got new emails.  I've turned of email notifications for the time being. 

Question - Anyone know how to resolve this issue?  It's obnoxious.   

My thanks for any assistance,

David

XW Pro 6048  MPPT 80/600 Gateway SCP 5.2 KW panels 12 KW battery bank 5KW generator
Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, west of Golden Colorado

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Go offgrid  ;)
    In gateway, is the event active still? 
    The newest firmware is logging this now and you can search the severity.

If this really bugs you, I would reset to gateway factory.
    It might clear itself overnight doing nothing.
    Not suppose to have anti-islanding events, what happened to drive it off frequency?

"we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• GoldenGate
    GoldenGate Registered Users Posts: 17 ✭✭
    The event doesn't show as active in the gateway (I can download the events for today and it shows as cleared 5 minutes after it occured), it doesn't show as active on the SCP or the Inverter, either.  Hopefully it will clear overnight!

Power where I live isn't that clean ... I see in the gateway that the anti-islanding over frequency is set to 60.5.  I'd like to bump that up, tolerate 61 or 62.  These items are greyed out, can't be changed as far as I can tell.  Thoughts?

XW Pro 6048  MPPT 80/600 Gateway SCP 5.2 KW panels 12 KW battery bank 5KW generator
  • Dave Angelini
    There is only so much range for grid adjustment to meet the intent. XW pro has more tweaks and is a much faster response with more memory to deal newer grid issues like HECO and Rule21 and faster AC couple response.

Not sure where you live but in the US you have to start the complaint process. Some places, even here, there will be little that can be done except by you.

If you are back east in Isiaisis storm area, you are lucky to still have the grid.

• GoldenGate
    Thank Dave.

It looks like the XW Pro 6048 I have is configured to meet the IEEE 1547-2003 standard, which is pretty damn stringent!
    I'm located in the foothills west of Golden Colorado.
    I've contacted my electrical utility, and now, armed with more information, I'll contact them again.
    My understanding is that if they approve a change, Schneider could provide a grid code that would allow the modification to be made.
    We'll see.  I'd rather not tolerate nuisance trips when their power is out of spec.

And, luckily, when I re-enabled email notifications this morning, there were NO MORE repeat notifications from the last over frequency alarm.

• Dave Angelini
    Welcome !  Have you updated the gateway firmware?  This one is really important as it will allow recovery of your XW if it gets bricked.
    Love the Rockies! Some family and a dozen or so clients.

• GoldenGate
    Is the gateway firmware version 1.08 the version you'd recommend to upgrade to?  I'm running 1.05 at the moment. 

• Dave Angelini
    Yes ! You will be impressed with the changes, and the bootlegger could really save you if make a mistake or get glitched by the grid.

Always have surge protection on anything coming into your system. Solar, DC buss, and your home power panel.

• GoldenGate
    Just to close the loop on this one:

I upgraded the gateway firmware to 1.08, no issues there.

My utility company does expect to run power at a higher frequency than the default IEEE 1547-2003 standard.
    They approved reconfiguration of the inverter to tolerate the higher frequency, which is up to 60.9 (default was 60.5).
    Schneider did provide a password to allow modification of the GridCodes to tolerate the higher frequency.
    The first password I received was incorrect and didn't work.  Damn.  Second one worked like it should. 
    My inverter now tolerates the higher frequency limits the utility expects.
    I've not had another over frequency alert since the change was made, but it's only been 4 days so far.
    Hoping for the best.