Misleading Amazon spot welder ad?

softdown
softdown Solar Expert Posts: 3,819 ✭✭✭✭
Look at the accessory package featured in the photos. Quite impressive indeed. But I expect heartache upon receipt. If the buyer receives all the accessories this may be the best buy - of a huge array of choices. The photo includes even includes items to get you started in making a couple BMS. 

But with no apparent sales - I suspect some shiftiness in the ad. The items are depicted twice. The buyer could likely get a refund upon return. Or not - Amazon is not the seller. Third party seller though they have an extensive product line to offer.

https://www.amazon.com/Mophorn-Battery-Welding-Soldering-Portable/dp/B07ZQHFYR7/ref=sr_1_46?dchild=1&keywords=spot+welder&qid=1596123652&sr=8-46

First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries

Comments

• softdown
    Hoping the posts about making lithium battery packs are welcome - more or less. Note that a poorly made lithium battery pack is potentially hazardous. This is not for anybody unprepared to spend a lot of time and some fairly significant money. 
    First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Softdown,

The discussion is fine...

Probably do not do a bunch of separate threads/discussion. And put the posts in the "New Battery Technology" forum...

Most of our battery discussions in the Off Grid and Battery forum are for large format batteries to run a cabin or home... Not Flashlight/Power Tools.

I will move these threads to the NBT section.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • softdown
    Makes sense - though they will not get read - in my experience.  No harm done. 
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    While there are not a lot of posts in the New Batt Tech forum, it seems to get roughly equal reading as the other forums... I think that the posts there are read--How many people reply to them--That is based on subject matter--Get more posting traffic in forum, probably more replies and new discussions too.

As a rough rule of thumb, The number of "reads" is roughly equal to 10x the number of post (in thread, forum, etc.) for the "average" subject.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • softdown
    I didn't even know that forum existed. I would think they would be discussing carbon or seawater or ? Carbon batteries are coming. Next great technology in my opinion. I may be using the wrong terminology though. Been awhile.