Anyone have a Grundfos SQ flex on solar with timer for irrigation??

Ake
Ake Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 4
I have an SQ Flex off two solar panels and a CU200 with a ground level holding tank with float switch.I want to have timed irrigation. I do not have an elevated tank so only pressure for irrigation is directly pumped water.  I think I can set up pressure tank and then run timed irrigation off that. Or try to figure out a way to add a timer to the system elsewhere. Has anyone set a system like this up? What did you do?

The Grundfos has terrible instructions and I can't get through to customer service to ask questions. If anyone has detailed set up diagrams for combining a pressure tank with the solar powered SQ Flex with CU200 I would greatly appreciate it!!!

Comments

• mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    here's "a" answer.   it might not be THE answer, but it should work

Use a regular irrigation timer.  I went through a couple battery powered units with DC valve$$ that only lasted a year and half.  Finally trenched and added 120VAC and a regular timer with 8 stations.  All the valves work ( for 4 years now ) and everything is happy.

Plumb the water pump into a couple 80 gallon pressure tanks (each tank holds 40 gal of air, 40 of water) and set your pressure switch to whatever your irrigation system needs (40lb ? )  The tanks will allow the pump to shut off and cycle back on as you use water and if you dont use water at night, the system will still have pressure in the AM.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Where did you buy this?  The store here sells this equipment and has installers like me who are in business to make this gear work correctly.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• Ake
    Ake Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 4
    Thanks Mike!