Neat little 12V low voltage cut off?

softdown
softdown Solar Expert Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭✭
Unsure how well everything works but the functions are nice - on paper. Adjustable settings that include when the power returns to the load. Think I will give it a shot with electric fence and camper. Save the batteries.

LED read out consumes some power. No idea how much. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Y383XML/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A36921MXRJULWD&psc=1

First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries

Comments

• NANOcontrol
    NANOcontrol Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭✭
    I bought a similar one in a different package that goes up to 100V. That allowed being powered by a separate power source. It included an adjustable time delay which I feel is quite important in these applications. Unfortunately, the time delay was less  than 1/10th of what was stated. I view all these specifications with caution.
  • softdown
    I doubt that everything will work as advertised. I'll be happy if I can program the off and on functionality at the voltage levels I seek.

I have a couple  with a 10.5 volt cut off as memory serves. Too low for my tastes.
    First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries
  • NANOcontrol
    NANOcontrol Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭✭
    Just keep a good differential. The moment you disconnect a load, the voltage jumps back up.
  • softdown
    Was wondering what the load of a 12" 110dB horn siren is. Guessing 10-15 or so.

The achilles heal of a fence alarm? If I don't shut it off that means I am not home. What to do? Would be better if it howls ~ 1/2 the time I guess. Make them wonder a bit.