Options
2»

Comments

• ZimInSeattle
    ZimInSeattle Registered Users Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Options

I finally got a response from Schneider:

Hello John,

I attach the XW+ users guide where you can see in page 3-26 all the grid support modes and in figure 3-6 how the different features can work.

You have to put Grid support volts always upper than recharge volts (at least 0,5VDC my recomendation test 1 or 2 VDC it has an 2VDC hysteresys as maximum) because this feature prioritize charging batteries from the MPPTs and just in case the AC grid drops or you limit the ACgrid input ( with AC Amps in AC settings) and the loads are bigger than this limit, the DC batterie value will drop until recharge volts. and just only in this case the batteries will do a complete charge cycle. This is because you prioritize PV panels instead of grid .

Depending on your battery capacity and you loads and pv panels but my recommendation is grid support around 50VDC and recharge volts no less than 48-49VDC. But you can play with depending on your needs.

On the web site you can also find some recommended configurations and their explanations too.

https://solar.schneider-electric.com/product/conext-xw-hybrid-inverter/

inside of technical publications : load shedding and enhanced support modes.

Regards
    Iván Domínguez | Schneider Electric | Solar Technical Support

And my response:

Thanks, Ivan, for your response. My solar is AC coupled. I have 8KW coupled into main panel and 2KW coupled into critical load panel so no MPPT's. I have tried playing around with all the Recharge Voltage and Grid Support settings, load shaving, disconnecting solar, etc. The problem is always the same. Inverter exits Grid Support 1/2 volt above Recharge Voltage setting and goes into AC Pass Through as if it's in Load Shave mode. There's no documentation that I can find about this behavior either in the manual or online FAQ's. If I leave it in AC Pass Through, battery charge remains about 1/2 volt above Recharge Voltage setting basically forever requiring me to manually start charge cycle. It appears there's no combination of settings that will allow inverter to stay in Grid Support mode until battery depleted down to Recharge Voltage setting. And there is no setting for limiting the AC input amps other than in Load Shave mode which is supposed to exit to AC Pass Through 1/2 volt above Recharge setting. For self-consumption on an AC coupled system, it would seem that there should be settings to enable grid support all the way down to Recharge voltage. Thanks.

The bottom line is, I think I'll have to wait for the Gateway to show up and then utilize the CAN bus port to have my Batrium Watchmon BMS control when to charge battery.