Is Schneider Conext Insight app -Conext Solar- for IOS not responding?

Options
jpederse98
jpederse98 Registered Users Posts: 8 ✭✭
I've been able to get into my Conext Insight Gateway and to the Conext Insight2 website fine always but for the last 2 days, the IOS app just says "Fetching" and it never brings up the data for my system. Is anyone else having this problem very recently?
John

<div><i>9600W, 32 300W Canadian Solar panels on Schletter Ground Mount, Midnight Solar birdhouse rapid shut down, 
2xSchneider MPPT80 600V,&nbsp;</i><i>2xSchnieder 6848 XW+ inverters, 900ah 48V Li-Ion Iron Edison battery, 20kW Generac propane 
whole home generator, 2xGenerac 200A auto transfer </i><i>switches on 400A 120/240 split single phase service from 25kw grid transformer</i></div>

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of my clients reported this to Schneider. Yes it is on the IOS app. My droid app is working fine. Give them some time as he said there was an update to IOS. If you want you can report is also. https://solar.schneider-electric.com/feedback/
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• jpederse98
    Options
    Thanks for the link. I submitted it via feedback. My neighbor with the same system has a new Gateway also and I was helping her set up and it won't register and we weren't looking forward to trying to get through to Schneider support. It was a horrible experience last time we had to use it early 2019.  I had a failed XW+ display panel (they sent me a whole new XW+) and she had a failed MPPT 80 (same response, send a new unit).  I know of at least one new support person they have they picked up from Iron Edison in Denver and he was excellent there. Hopefully Schneider Solar is beefing up their Conext support. 
    John

<div><i>9600W, 32 300W Canadian Solar panels on Schletter Ground Mount, Midnight Solar birdhouse rapid shut down, 
    2xSchneider MPPT80 600V,&nbsp;</i><i>2xSchnieder 6848 XW+ inverters, 900ah 48V Li-Ion Iron Edison battery, 20kW Generac propane 
    whole home generator, 2xGenerac 200A auto transfer </i><i>switches on 400A 120/240 split single phase service from 25kw grid transformer</i></div>
  • Dave Angelini
    Options
    Sometimes a new unit is the cheapest way to go in service. I always remind people that some companies just want to deal with installers and people that are trained. They really do not want DIY.
     However, if you put the effort in, read the manuals watch the multitude of videos, and do your due diligence they will support you also. You do have to get to that level of product knowledge and putting the time in is not the same as learning the ropes. I am not picking on you either. 

There is a 3rd group of customers that  have a configuration issue. They can be very hard to find. That is the reason Schneider got rid of combox and went to gateway. They got the ability to look at a system configuration from anywhere in the world that has the web.

The gateway is a portal out to a power system at your home, or a gateway out from your home to the Web.

To troubleshoot your neighbors gateway why don't you try it on your system. The quickstart has to be exactly followed. I did one yesterday and my CI2 shows them all working below right now.  Good Luck!

• jpederse98
    Options
    I get where you are coming from Dave. I'm one of those DIY customers that is both a little OCD and an lifetime electrical/computer engineer and like to spend 3-4 hours/evening on analyzing data from my (and my neighbors) systems, tweaking the configurations on how to be interact with the 19kWh LiIon Iron Edison battery to maximize my production. It gets FAR more attention than it could ever get from a distributor/vendor in the name of learning and tweaking. I have no interest in Set-And-Forget. I probably check the system from work about 3-4 times/hour and adjust loads to also maximize productivity and produce the most value by (sounds crazy) pushing the 10 Tons of Florida Heat Pumps to cool down the house to refrigerator levels before the Peak Demand period from 3-6 kicks in where I just let the solar put as much bulk and then float out the battery until 6pm where the HVAC load returns if needed to get the house where I want it by the time I get home from work. I'm cutting about $100-$150/month off my utility bill on a 400A service. I'd love to have the system send me a Pushover Alert when it goes to Float Mode on the battery saying "I've got more solar than I can store in the battery! Got anything else that needs some energy?"
    And here in rural KS, we have almost NO net metering with retail/wholesale rules and a COOP that I really does a great job of delivering power at < $0.10/kwh (using multiple 1+MW solar farms) and I sure don't want to make enemies of them. (besides to interconnect a >10kW solar system carried a $1000 application fee).
    As for her gateway, the Conext Insight2 website says her URN and S/N don't match and I've confirmed both on the box labels and in the software configuration that they do(cut and paste from the Info screen). I'm guessing some solar reseller bought up a bunch of new Gateways, registered them assuming they would be monitoring a customers system then ended up reselling them via Amazon where she bought it. It's probably a fairly easy fix in the Schneider database but she has to get someones attention there to do it.
    Enjoy the sunshine!
    John

• Dave Angelini
    Options
    Arrggg used equipment. Good Luck on this one. Used equipment has support, or lack of it, that I do not know about. I would never do this with hi tech.  Insight2 has a large amount of protection to keep her/schneider  safe in the cloud. Yea, double good luck on this one.

The only thing I can think of (and you have done this right?) is reset  gateway to factory settings.  FRIDAY !