Help with 1500w Inverter. No power output.

Options
Struggling with this and I'm at my wit's end.
Here's the system.
In my van.
1500w schumaker inverter
50ah lipo battery
100w solar panel 
10amp mppt solar controller

System works beautiful but inverter is no longer functioning properly. When I turn it on the power light (on the inverter) turns on indicating all is good. But there in no power outputting (the USB ports work fine) from the inverter. If I leave a light plugged into inverter while it's turned on it will occasionally flicker.

I've checked on the cables. 
Battery is good. 
I opened the inverter and checked fuses and looked for something burnt but didn't see anything.

Anyone have any ideas? 
What's my move.

Comments

• mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Welcome to the forum  @gershee

The occasional flicker may be the inverter has a search mode and the light is too small of a load to prompt it to power up. Try a larger load, preferably a resistive one or disable the search mode if applicable.

The battery and PV capacity is too small with relationship to the inverter, this could lead to the BMS cutting the load due to low voltage, however as no information is provided this is merely speculation.
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • gershee
    gershee Registered Users Posts: 3
    Options
    So everything worked perfectly the last 3 years the inverter not working properly is a new thing. 
    I've tried with different loads including my blender which seems like a larger amp draw. 
    Still nothing.
    Anymore ideas or steps I can take? 
    Thanks!
  • mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have you had any lightning around the time of the inverter failed to operate? In the past I lost one due to a near strike as soon as the strike hit~25 meters away the inverter shut down, the power light was still on but no AC output, I saw the strike so I know it was the cause. 
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • gershee
    gershee Registered Users Posts: 3
    Options
    Negative no noticeable lightning. 
    I guess I posted because I'd love to be able to fix or even attempt to fix the inverter but more than opening and checking fuses and looking for something burnt I have no clue what else to do..
    Trash it and get another?