for sale 12v 1070ah fla: What to do with old but good battery banks?

Deveak_Kaizen
Deveak_Kaizen Registered Users Posts: 31 ✭✭
Anyone have difficulty getting rid of redundant and unusable batteries? I have had a great year, I moved into my first home that was already off grid with an existing and superior 24 volt system. The problem is my old bank is 12 volts. Perfectly fine, its been sitting on a charge for around two years but barely used. I lightly cycled it for about a year off grid. I can't seem for the life of me to get anyone interested via facebook or craigslist. Is there a place I can sell these other than ebay? 12 volt 1070 Ah cells, I would estimate they have 3000 cycles at 50% left. It had 3250 to start. I can't turn it into 24 volt, the batteries are single string 6 two volt cells. Is this something you are typically stuck with?
Tagged:

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    You are welcome to try and find a new home for them here... Members are welcome to sell surplus Solar Power and related components here on the forum.

I suggest that you give a rough location of the batteries, assuming that somebody will drive down to your place to pick up the batteries.

And that anyone interested contact Deveak via PM (private message).

-Bill "moderator" B.
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Deveak_Kaizen
    well if its okay than, I'm asking 1200 for them. So 100 a KW. I am located in West Virginia near the Ohio river in a town called Ellenboro. 
  • BB.
    And to make it easier... Here is the PM function for Deveak:

https://forum.solar-electric.com/messages/add/Deveak_Kaizen

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • softdown
    softdown Solar Expert Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭✭
    You could also try a local pick up only on Ebay. Should be someone wanting more power this time of year. 

Used batteries are likely a tough sell though. I didn't even try with my old 8Ds with this being among the worlds worst locations for sales. Figured a way to include them in battery bank. Not approved by our purists but seems to be working. 

This board may let you do a one time thread offering an XL 12 volt battery bank. BB is unusually helpful - as a rule. Wouldn't hurt to try it - especially with Christmas approaching and the shortest days of the year. Perfect timing. 
    First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries
  • BB.
    edited December 2019 #6
    I labeled this discussion as "for sale".
    Good luck,
    Bill
  • softdown
    You could post an image or two. As well as per battery and gross weight of assemblage. Always best to keep sales as simple as possible. Amazingly simple. Shockingly simple. 
    First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries
  • Deveak_Kaizen
    Sorry I meant to check this thread but I've been busy with the holidays. Roughly 96 lbs per cell. Purchased from SBS industries. 
    It comes with the box. 

• softdown
    Appear to be missing a few nuts.
  • Marc Kurth
    Marc Kurth Solar Expert Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭✭
    softdown said:

That sounds painful from my perspective!
    I always have more questions than answers. That's the nature of life.
  • softdown
    softdown said:

https://old.reddit.com/r/WTF/comments/eahc4x/this_guy_going_at_80_kmh_50_mph_with_his_bike/fbe3ok7/?context=3
  • Deveak_Kaizen
    I can replace the hardware, just regular stainless steel bolts and nuts. I used a slightly larger size to the hole and threaded the lead.
  • Saggys
    Saggys Solar Expert Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
    Good luck with your sale, I would be interested if I needed batteries as I run a larger 12 volt system.
  • t00ls
    t00ls Solar Expert Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    softdown said:
    softdown said:

https://old.reddit.com/r/WTF/comments/eahc4x/this_guy_going_at_80_kmh_50_mph_with_his_bike/fbe3ok7/?context=3

YOLO...and his wont last much longer if that truck stops real fast