Conext Gateway Install - URN & Serial Number not matching

monicat
monicat Registered Users Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited December 2019 in General Solar Power Topics #1
Has anyone seen this before?  I have verified the serial number on the unit against the box it came in.  Copied and pasted the URN from a screen shot off the gateway device.  I need to be able to register the devices on the Insight 2 application but cannot do that without communication between the gateway and the website.   

Comments

• Estragon
    Estragon Registered Users Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a thought... have you tried writing down the URN and entering it manually.  Just guessing maybe the cut & paste might be pooching it?
    Off-grid.  
    Main daytime system ~4kw panels into 2xMNClassic150 370ah 48v bank 2xOutback 3548 inverter 120v + 240v autotransformer
    Night system ~1kw panels into 1xMNClassic150 700ah 12v bank morningstar 300w inverter
  • monicat
    Thanks for responding.  Yes, I did try entering manually with both the URN and the serial number.  I also power cycled the Gateway unit and checked the information again.  The Gateway is operating okay, I can access it and monitor/program devices.  Just can't enter the URN and serial number into the Conext Insight 2.0 web site.
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    What devices do you need to register? A power meter? The xanbus devices (xw's,csw's mppts,ect) on your network should populate automatically on the Insight2 web portal.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• Dave Angelini
    Ah I see your problem. Your serial number looks wrong to me. Mine is on the gateway itself and has 7 digits. It could be newer production runs also. My gateway is as old as they get from october 2018.  It should be something like eif2003

• monicat
    Thanks Dave.  The serial number is what it is.  Guess I'll have to wait for someone at Schneider to get back to me or send the unit back for a replacement.  The Gateway is detecting my devices fine, it's just the Insight web stuff that I'm missing out on.
  • Dave Angelini
    edited December 2019 #7
    Is the gateway cloud looking like this below? Give them time as many are gone on long holiday now.

If it gets to long for them, you can email me some screens and I will look for a problem on your shots? Do not post them here for security.
    Screens like the "about" gateway info. or the gateway network screen. Also be sure that CG is at 1.05 firmware as it may matter with all the changes they have been making in the last month. Also do a complete  CG restart and clear cache on Browser.

• monicat
    edited December 2019 #8
    I can't get to the screen that you have shown, as the screen I copied needs to be populated first I guess. I tried deleting the site and starting over, still can't get past the screen with the error about mismatch between urn and serial number. 

Thanks Dave, I'll email the screen shots and follow your advice for checking firmware.  I'll power cycle to CG again.
  • Dave Angelini
    edited December 2019 #9
    Hmmm  you should see it as this is the key to get out to the cloud. Here is the pre screen. I circled the wrong one. it should be the cloud that is circled.....

• monicat
    My firmware is 1.01, so that's the first thing I'll tackle
  • Dave Angelini
    Yes do this by all means.

• monicat
    Now have a ticket open with Schneider and hope to have this resolved soon.  I will post the result.
  • Dave Angelini
    Did you get to the screens I posted above? The green cloud has to be on to get out to Insight2. Short of that you have something programmed wrong. It is very doubtful that the gateway would work correctly and fail to get out unless it was not configured correctly.
    Good Luck!

• monicat
    Thanks Dave. I logged on today with a fresh perspective and you were absolutely right.  I failed to see on the Network settings the requirement to agree to terms of service.  Once I did that the cloud changed from red to green and all is well.  I'm humbled.
  • Dave Angelini
    Good deal! The mobile app will have some more nice features added this year. It is very nice to see the system data and even have a camera recording it on a smart phone. Talk about peace of mind when traveling.

• Abrahamola
    Abrahamola Registered Users Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Hello @Monicat. So how did you eventually resolve the urn, serial number not matching issue?
  • Abrahamola
    Somebody help me out here. I have the same challenge as @Monicat. I am not able to register the Gateway on the InsightCloud website. Everything in the boxes is exactly as written by Schneider on my Gateway. I typed all in and yet the error has shown up more than 20 times. I have the green dot that shows that I'm connected to the cloud.

• Dave Angelini
    The info you scratched out (resource name) is incorrect. It should look like the first post here in this thread. Good Luck

• Abrahamola
    Many thanks, Dave. I will try that and get back to the group.
  • Dave Angelini
    The numbers are from the gateway about page below. The gateway and insight quickstart manuals are must have for this. Good Luck
    https://solar.schneider-electric.com/product/insight-software/

• Abrahamola
    Gateway/Combox Mac ID: is the culprit. The Gateway has a MAC Address printed on it. I used that instead of the one Dave suggested. I have fixed the problem. I am very grateful Dave.
  • Abrahamola
    Hey Dave, a great shout out to you! Surprisingly it worked. The confusion was in the instruction Gateway/Combox Mac ID: 
    I was using the Gateway MAC Address under the box itself. Many thanks for the assistance.