Forum glitches

2»

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    edited December 2019 #32
    G Whiz... I just asked them for a simple little code change (remove Wall Posts)--And it blew up our little forum (for about 1 hour earlier today). Between a missing bracket, and some weirdness code edits that have built up in our templates/themes--And ongoing upgrades of base software that chose to "choke" on a few pieces of old code--It all came together with the perfect storm.

They have gotten the forum back going again... And will be going through our (relatively) old theming code and make sure that it is all clean.

And, I will double check the double spacing... Yesterday, I was having no problem. But after the little "fire" here, it did come back again for me (Android/Firefox Beta). I will double check tomorrow and see if I can repeat, and report the bug/issue/feature if needed.

Have fun,
    -Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • littleharbor2
    littleharbor2 Solar Expert Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a big fan of changes to online sites. You get used to how to navigate a site and then they change it. I'm more of a "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" kind of guy.

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.

• mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a big fan of changes to online sites. You get used to how to navigate a site and then they change it. I'm more of a "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" kind of guy.
    Amen brother !
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• Tecnodave
    Tecnodave Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019 #35
    Hi bill,

The forum is forgetting me since I bought a new iPad, have to log in each time, old iPad died, now have gen 6 iPad, iOS 13.1.3 (current version) also lost my email address, have a different email address now, thanks, david
    2 Classic 150, 2 Kid, 5 arrays 7.5 kw total  2ea.  2S6P Sharp NE-170/NE-165, 1ea. 12P Sanyo HIT 200,  2ea. 4/6P Sanyo HIT 200, MagnaSine MS4024AE, Exeltech XP-1100,  2 Banks L-16 battery, Rolls-Surette S-530 and Interstate Traction, Shunts with whizbangJr and Bogart Tri-Metric, iCharger i208B  dc-dc buck/boost converter with BMS for small form lithium 8S 16650 or LiFePO4,
  • BB.
    Morning Tecnodave,

Send me a PM with your new email address, and I will update your profile... Although, you should be update your own email.

https://forum.solar-electric.com/profile

Regarding your Ipad... I think you have the "keep me signed in" box checked when logging in?

You are not using any sort of cookie manager? (I do, and I have to allow cookies for the forum).

-Bill

Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Tecnodave
    Tecnodave Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭
    BB,

It remembered me this time, I don’t use a cookie manager, and my email address has been updated. My old iPad crashed and burned.....really it got a piece of debris between screen and digitizer and does not respond to input cant  even key in password. Time to go. Don’t know how to dispose of it because there are sensitive stuff locked locked up in there I would not want anyone to retrieve and use.  Any ideas?  iPad had only access to old email account, Apple said it was not recoverable even though I backup on iCloud, even the government could not get it??  It’s only worth $85.00 or so and a new ditigitizer and screen is going to cost $150.00 so new iPad is less expensive and much improved. Maybe on the chopping block and whacked up with axe?

david
    2 Classic 150, 2 Kid, 5 arrays 7.5 kw total  2ea.  2S6P Sharp NE-170/NE-165, 1ea. 12P Sanyo HIT 200,  2ea. 4/6P Sanyo HIT 200, MagnaSine MS4024AE, Exeltech XP-1100,  2 Banks L-16 battery, Rolls-Surette S-530 and Interstate Traction, Shunts with whizbangJr and Bogart Tri-Metric, iCharger i208B  dc-dc buck/boost converter with BMS for small form lithium 8S 16650 or LiFePO4,
  • BB.
    Yep, a hammer worked for our former secretary of state/senator from New York.

Regarding the online backup... I don't know anything about the Apple ecosystem. Should you not be able to login with the email address/password for icloud?

Assume that somebody somewhere has access to any networked "appliance" and online/cloud storage... And you cannot go wrong.

-Bill