APsystems YC600 and XW+ 6848

dougbert
dougbert Registered Users Posts: 5 ✭✭
I have an existing grid tie system with APsystems YC600 microinverters (8 of them) and aiming to add in a XW+ 6848 as a battery inverter.  The owner had asked for battery backup but that installer failed to "listen" and gave her just a grid-tie system.   SO I am verifying that the XW+ works with the YC600.  Documentation states it will work with Enphase, but nothing found when dealing with the YC600.  Both state they can generate and respond to freq shifting.

Has anyone experience, knowledge or where to find out if these two work together?  I would like to know BEFORE getting the XW+, installing it and it fails.   Real work experience trumps hazy documentation

thanks

Comments

• mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    They don't necessarily have to work together, if the GT system is connected to the grid, an inverter charger such as the XW could be used as a backup by using the AC input to charge the batteries. The XW inverter charger can be programmed not to feed into the grid, additionally a charge block could be programmed to allow charging only during the day if needed, so it it will in effect be the same as working together, if I'm understanding you correctly. 
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.