Pretty good battery terminal connectors-

softdown
softdown Solar Expert Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭✭
Our host doesn't carry these things - perhaps they ought to consider it?

These seem much, much better than the "Walmart's Best" that I had been using. Brass is far more electrically connective than lead. Plus it is harder so you can really tighten the bolts down. 

Was going to post a link but the seller is a competitor so that might  be poor form. Here is a pic of my "brainstorm". This is not a perfect install, it is how I did it in 2014(?). Spent another $50 to add four more 8D's. Trying to supplement my batteries a bit. 
I don't like these 17mm and 19mm posts for solar batteries though. If that is what you have to work with:
(1) Use felt washers over the terminals to keep corrosive battery mist down.
(2) Spray a good battery terminal sealant over the connections.

A cut off wheel on a grinder works well for "sanding off" any difficult corrosion. Using the wheel sideways of course. 

This is an ongoing experiment that the purists throws a "thumbs down" on. We. Shall. See. Nobody is recommending this. An "experiment" of sorts. What may look like terminals next to steel posts is air gapped by at least 1".
First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries

Comments