8s bms recommendation

Options
DarkstormNH
DarkstormNH Registered Users Posts: 48 ✭✭
folks i'm looking for a decent 8s bms, with cell balancing and display, bluetooth would be great
batrium bms is out of my league.
any feedback from users out there?

thanks

Comments

• mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The two i use are in attached pdf files, the LWS is the main BMS while the Chargery provides a display passive monitoring  with external disconnect drivers as a second level of protection, neither have Bluetooth capabilities, costs for each is ~$100. When ordering the LWS all information was provided to the manufacturer, battery capacity & type, maximum charge & discharge currents allowing them to select an appropriate model, they have thousands of models. 
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • DarkstormNH
    DarkstormNH Registered Users Posts: 48 ✭✭
    Options
    mcgivor said:
    The two i use are in attached pdf files, the LWS is the main BMS while the Chargery provides a display passive monitoring  with external disconnect drivers as a second level of protection, neither have Bluetooth capabilities, costs for each is ~$100. When ordering the LWS all information was provided to the manufacturer, battery capacity & type, maximum charge & discharge currents allowing them to select an appropriate model, they have thousands of models. 

Mcgivor Thank you for the quick answer just to be clear you use both In your system lws for the brunt of the work, and the chagery for display right? I bought the Daly 8s 200a separate port, I needed something to see the status of the bank and make adjustment if needed, your approach will work.
    I will order one of the chagery thanks

• mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes the Chargery is primarily for its monitor, I have used the outputs albeit probably redundant but a reserve parachute is never a bad thing to have.
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.