Pretty darn nice crimper that's affordable

Tecnodave
Tecnodave Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭
I was hunting a good hydraulic crimper to do battery cables and I found this one on Amazon, peeked at it there but went to the electrical distributor who posted the Amazon offering to see what kind of company is behind this product.  I was delighted that this is no shadow company, true support and a warranty that is outstanding....

Temcoindustrial.com   In Freemont, CA  (Tower Electric Motor Company) has this crimper built in China to their specs and it does a great job with battery cables , compression dies are accurately sized for the crimp connectors we use for solar battery cable ends. Die sets include all the AWG sizes  8ga  up to 4/0 and MCM sizes 250 to 600 MCM in copper and aluminum terminals. Very well built and rugged, very well supported, a company that cares about their image! 

Temcoindustrial is is an electric motor supply house and does not have a lot of solar applicable items but they do have a large amount of terminals, and some wire, electrolytic capacitors, and such.
They do accept small sales and have an online store as well as a presence at Amazon and FeeBay, also phone orders are acceptable 

At $95.00 ITS A STEAL!  With 5 year warranty!  I've done hundreds of crimps with this one and no fails!
2 Classic 150, 2 Kid, 5 arrays 7.5 kw total  2ea.  2S6P Sharp NE-170/NE-165, 1ea. 12P Sanyo HIT 200,  2ea. 4/6P Sanyo HIT 200, MagnaSine MS4024AE, Exeltech XP-1100,  2 Banks L-16 battery, Rolls-Surette S-530 and Interstate Traction, Shunts with whizbangJr and Bogart Tri-Metric, iCharger i208B  dc-dc buck/boost converter with BMS for small form lithium 8S 16650 or LiFePO4,

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    David, thank you for the review.

You are welcome to supply link(s) to the vendor/product (EBay links usually go bad quickly--Search terms for EBay may work better).

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Tecnodave
    Tecnodave Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019 #3
    BB,

Thanks, I didn't want to step on toes here as I do know that wind-sun does sell the hammer crimper. This one is a tad bit different.

Google Amazon & Flea-bay search term:     Temco TH0005

https://temcoindustrial.com/temco-hydraulic-cable-lug-crimper-th0005-11-us-ton-6-awg-to-600-mcm.html

I had said it would do 8ga. , I stand corrected it's rated 6 ga.   To. 600MCM
    Ive done dozens of 4/0 and some 250MCM and 350MCM with this tool  
    2 Classic 150, 2 Kid, 5 arrays 7.5 kw total  2ea.  2S6P Sharp NE-170/NE-165, 1ea. 12P Sanyo HIT 200,  2ea. 4/6P Sanyo HIT 200, MagnaSine MS4024AE, Exeltech XP-1100,  2 Banks L-16 battery, Rolls-Surette S-530 and Interstate Traction, Shunts with whizbangJr and Bogart Tri-Metric, iCharger i208B  dc-dc buck/boost converter with BMS for small form lithium 8S 16650 or LiFePO4,
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Passing on useful information and experiences from our members when answering questions--Always a good thing.

-Bill "moderator" B.
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • somewhereinusa
    somewhereinusa Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited August 2019 #5
    I have one of those that I bought a few years ago,  (different color) It works great. I also have it's smaller brother.  I bought them on ebay.
    https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=hydraulic+crimper&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_odkw=hydraulic+crimper&_osacat=0
  • softdown
    softdown Solar Expert Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭✭
    I have one of those that I bought a few years ago,  (different color) It works great. I also have it's smaller brother.  I bought them on ebay.
    https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=hydraulic+crimper&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_odkw=hydraulic+crimper&_osacat=0
    Interesting first post. I know my 16 ton crimper is just too big to be easily used. I have a couple hydraulic crimpers and still find myself using the hammer crimper. Something satisfying about clobbering stuff with a 4 lb sledge and transforming it. Though I have had a hammer crimper that bowed out of service after excessive blows. Give me a large hammer and images of Thor dance through my noggin. I'm good at a couple things. 
    First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries
  • littleharbor2
    littleharbor2 Solar Expert Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    softdown said:
    Interesting first post. I know my 16 ton crimper is just too big to be easily used. I have a couple hydraulic crimpers and still find myself using the hammer crimper. Something satisfying about clobbering stuff with a 4 lb sledge and transforming it. Though I have had a hammer crimper that bowed out of service after excessive blows. Give me a large hammer and images of Thor dance through my noggin. I'm good at a couple things. 
    You should take up Blacksmithing.

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.

• softdown
    softdown Solar Expert Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭✭
    softdown said:
    You should take up Blacksmithing.
    Figured I would be the village blacksmith if the clock turned back 500 years or so. Truth is - "never met a hobby I didn't like" Last thing in the world I need is yet another hobby. 
    First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries