Off Grid Refrigerator/Gas Stove recommendations for 2018?

2»

Comments

• softdown
    softdown Solar Expert Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭✭

With the availability of Energy Star fridges and low cost panels, the pendulum seems to sway in favor of electric fridges in most cases.

Though I'm not certain that new fridges are always certified as Energy Star. I rarely see the rating on "used fridges" and I look frequently. There is an abundance of "used" fridges that have never been used. The difference must be in the compressor since almost all mainstream fridges only have 1" thick sides.

First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries
  • petertearai
    petertearai Solar Expert Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭

Agree also . Have had a Samsung inverter fridge freezer for about 4 years and an LG inverter fridge freezer for 2 years . Both working well.. and no naked flame running continuously .. i think much safer .

2225 wattts pv . Outback 2kw  fxr pure sine inverter . fm80 charge controller . Mate 3. victron battery monitor . 24 volts  in 2 volt Shoto lead carbon extreme batterys. off grid  holiday home