Cheapest way to watch NFL games?

softdown
softdown Solar Expert Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭✭
Being in the boondocks and surrounded by mountains, my options are a bit limited. Attempts with various antennae yielded nothing of value. 

Happy with Netflix but they don't carry the NFL. Streaming became a real hassle last year as more ornery folks used it to attempt to hi-jack computers. I don't mind paying $5/game...or so. 

What do you call 53 guys watching the Super Bowl? The Raiders.
First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries

Comments

• Thom
    Thom Solar Expert Posts: 196 ✭✭✭
    I have an app and listen to radio broadcasts on an iPhone. The players all look better on radio. ;0)

Thom
    Off grid since 1984. 430w of panel, 300w suresine , 4 gc batteries 12v system, Rogue mpt3024 charge controller , air breeze windmill, Mikita 2400w generator . Added 2@ 100w panel with a midnight brat 
  • Thom
    Thom Solar Expert Posts: 196 ✭✭✭
    I should add, paid $1. For the app (pro radio) a few years ago. 
    Off grid since 1984. 430w of panel, 300w suresine , 4 gc batteries 12v system, Rogue mpt3024 charge controller , air breeze windmill, Mikita 2400w generator . Added 2@ 100w panel with a midnight brat 
  • nickdearing88
    nickdearing88 Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    If you have Internet access (streaming ability), I'd look at SlingTV -- they offer many sports options and I believe recently contracted to offer NFL, NHL, NBA, etc.
    Current system: 8-100w Renogy panels mono/poly, 2 strings of 4 panels in series - 24v 100Ah AGM Battleborn LiFePO4 batteries - Morningstar MPPT40 CC - 1500W Samlex PSW inverter
  • softdown
    softdown Solar Expert Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭✭
    If you have Internet access (streaming ability), I'd look at SlingTV -- they offer many sports options and I believe recently contracted to offer NFL, NHL, NBA, etc.
     "ESPN is available through Sling TV’s Orange Package, while NFL Network is available on their Blue Package. Both packages cost $40 per month and will give you Monday and Thursday Night football via ESPN and NFL Network without requiring a cable TV or satellite subscription."

Ehhh....more than I am willing to pay.....which is about $20/mt.
    First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries