Pictures of what you have built

Solray
Solray Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭✭
I thought it would be nice to see some pictures of systems, solar, wind, hybrid, methane, LNG, etc that you have put together and have them all in one place rather than sifting through tons of old dead links to find a picture only to see it is now outdated by newer technologies.
Looking forwards to seeing what you have done recently. 
:)

Comments

• Solray
  • Horsefly
    Horsefly Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭✭✭
    So you post a stock photo you found on the web?

I was hoping you would post pics of the systems you apparently built at the north pole and at the equator.

(or was that @Lumisol that posted about that. I get you guys mixed up)
    Off-grid cabin: 6 x Canadian Solar CSK-280M PV panels, Schneider XW-MPPT60-150 Charge Controller, Schneider CSW4024 Inverter/Charger, Schneider SCP, 8S (25.6V), 230Ah Eve LiFePO4 battery in a custom insulated and heated case.
  • Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017 #4
    Solray said:
    I thought it would be nice to see some pictures of systems, solar, wind, hybrid, methane, LNG, etc that you have put together and have them all in one place rather than sifting through tons of old dead links to find a picture only to see it is now outdated by newer technologies.

You are quite new here,   but,   there is always this Discussion:
    http://forum.solar-electric.com/discussion/9922/show-me-yours-and-ill-show-you-mine/p1

This should help the focus.

Look around on this site.   There is ALREADY a lot of good information here,   one just needs to take the time to look around and read.   It's easy,   and the Host of this site is generous enough to store ALL of this information for all of us to search and READ,   to our heart's content.

Good reading!   Thanks,   Vic

Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.
  • Marc Kurth
    Marc Kurth Solar Expert Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭✭
    I worked for SunEdison through 2009. We engineered, installed, maintained and monitored 25KW to 50KW roof top systems on Kohl's, Costco and Whole Foods, to utility scale 15-20 MW ground mount systems in the USA and Spain.

While the concepts are the same, the actual implementation of smaller scale systems is so very different that I have learned a lot from the folks here. When people are kind enough to share their hands-on experience, I stop,  listen and add comments/questions with respect.

I appreciate this place.

Marc

I always have more questions than answers. That's the nature of life.
  • Solray
    Vic said:
    Solray said:

You are quite new here,   but,   there is always this Discussion:
    http://forum.solar-electric.com/discussion/9922/show-me-yours-and-ill-show-you-mine/p1

This should help the focus.

Look around on this site.   There is ALREADY a lot of good information here,   one just needs to take the time to look around and read.   It's easy,   and the Host of this site is generous enough to store ALL of this information for all of us to search and READ,   to our heart's content.

Good reading!   Thanks,   Vic

Yep, saw that, here's the first post in the thread:

My husband and I are coming up on our 3 year anniversary of building our off grid berm home. We are now in the stages where we can tweak and hopefully perfect what we have done.

I would love to see pictures of other off grid homes/cabins/shops. Please post what you have and the equipment you use. I think this could be very helpful for people interested in going off grid.

Here is a picture looking at the front of our berm house. We still need to paint.
    newawningfromthefrontjpg

From the hill in the back:
    3-19backviewjpg

We have a 1620 watt 12 volt system and 1540 amp hours of batteries...we need to add more batteries. Right now we are producing more electric than we can use or store....this is not a bad thing, lol.

We have twelve 135 watt Kyocera 12 volt panels, two Outback 80 amp charge controllers, one Outback 12 volt inverter, fourteen 6 volt golf cart batteries and a back up Honda generator which is only used for pumping our well water into an underground storage tank. My husband did the installation. Our system works flawlessly.

When my husband designed our system he wanted to have 2 redundant systems so that if something happened to one we would still have power from the other. We also went with two larger charge controllers for future upgrading which we are now in the process of doing.

Please tell us about your sytems no matter how big or small.:)

That is not the only one with dead links, there are a LOT of unhosted pics linked to that just don't work, so at BB's recommendation, I started this one to get updated info.

Glad you are looking. :)
  • Solray
    edited July 2017 #7
    I worked for SunEdison through 2009. We engineered, installed, maintained and monitored 25KW to 50KW roof top systems on Kohl's, Costco and Whole Foods, to utility scale 15-20 MW ground mount systems in the USA and Spain.

While the concepts are the same, the actual implementation of smaller scale systems is so very different that I have learned a lot from the folks here. When people are kind enough to share their hands-on experience, I stop,  listen and add comments/questions with respect.

I appreciate this place.

Marc

Very nice, why not post some pictures here for us to see how those looked.
    Which part did you do? Installations?

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    I guess photo bucket wants a yearly subscription for third-party hoisting more.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BB. said:
    I guess photo bucket wants a yearly subscription for third-party hoisting more.

-Bill

I've used them in the past, thought photos were always sent to your server?

Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • Solray
    Only if you use the choose files button, if you use the image URL box, it just links the picture from the net.