Have you ever seen Unusually High Power readings reported by Enlighten Monitoring

MarcF
MarcF Registered Users Posts: 5 ✭✭
I was checking the performance of a recently installed Grid-tied residential PV system through Enphase Enlighten Monitoring and noticed something strange.  The system consists of 10 REC TP2 290 Watt PV modules each paired with Enphase M250 micro-inverters.  Looking at the Time lapse view for Power, at one point during the day, 2 of the micro-inverters show 450+ Watts being produced, while the neighboring 8 REC290/M250s each produced around 230 Watts.  The most i have ever seen produced from a M250 micro-inverter was around 259 Watts (it was paired with a 315 Watt panel).  If they are supposed to max out around 250 Watts,  what could explain the 450+ readings? Has anyone ever noticed unusually high power readings with Enphase micro-inverters?  I suspect this is a glitch in data reporting, unless these micro-inverters can produce this amount of power briefly before clipping?

Comments

• MarcF
    MarcF Registered Users Posts: 5 ✭✭
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Reboot your local interface?

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    What seems odd is the system power, lower left corner is consistent with all the displayed panel outputs in the graphic, ~2.74kW, but if the two "false? " readings were substituted for the average of the others, it is consistent with the  today peak of 2.34 kW, must be a glitch, a 290 W panel could not put out 450 +W. Curiously double the average output is in the 450W neighborhood, perhaps a setting error? or as Bill suggests, reboot, the standard fix for software glitches, when nothing else works. Have no personal experience with Enphase, just some observations, FWIW.
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • Estragon
    Estragon Registered Users Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The roughly 2x thing is kind of interesting.
    Off-grid.  
    Main daytime system ~4kw panels into 2xMNClassic150 370ah 48v bank 2xOutback 3548 inverter 120v + 240v autotransformer
    Night system ~1kw panels into 1xMNClassic150 700ah 12v bank morningstar 300w inverter
  • cow_rancher
    cow_rancher Solar Expert Posts: 117 ✭✭✭✭
    I would call your installer and get them replaced (the enphase converters).

Rancher
  • Solray
    Solray Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭✭
    Reboot and if it fixes the problem, see if there is a fota update you missed.