Systematic insults to people in general

mcgivor
mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
It's probably not best to berate someone publicly, but there has to be a line which should not be crossed, publicly stating a nation SUCKS, on more than one occasion, is unacceptable, the relentless insults on opinions is equally unacceptable, no I'm not a moderator, but if I were.........I'm talking about you @lumisol you are a bigot, a self centered egotistical court jester, sitting on the sidelines poking fingers where they ought not belong, your rhetorical comments are not kindly accepted, please refrain or choose another audience who may find your twisted, humor?  amusing.
So perhaps I'll get banned for speaking out, so be it. Somebody had to say something. 
1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.

Comments

• bill von novak
    bill von novak Solar Expert Posts: 891 ✭✭✭✭
    mcgivor said:
    It's probably not best to berate someone publicly, but there has to be a line which should not be crossed, publicly stating a nation SUCKS, on more than one occasion, is unacceptable . . . .
    I agree that such comments make this forum a poorer place.
  • Lumisol
    Lumisol Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017 #4
    Hypocrite much?
    You say it's best to not do something and then do exactly that.
    Well done.
    My califonia sucks and Canada suck comments were jokes, some one mentioned something that a place does that is bad and I agreed with them by making a joke.
    Obviously a geographic location cannot actually suck, it has no orifice or a way to produce a vacuum or partial vacuum.

If you are so offended by this silly comment I suggest you stay away from comedy in general and George Carlin in particular. You will explode in a triggered rage.

Btw. You don't know me well enough to call me names, even jokingly.
  • Lumisol
    mcgivor said:
    It's probably not best to berate someone publicly, but there has to be a line which should not be crossed, publicly stating a nation SUCKS, on more than one occasion, is unacceptable . . . .
    I agree that such comments make this forum a poorer place.
    You think it improves the forum when a member calls another member a bigot and a self centered egotistical court jester?
    I tend to disagree, but if you like it, assume it's aimed at you. Perhaps it will be next time.
  • animatt
    animatt Solar Expert Posts: 295 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017 #6
    I do disagree with name calling. And would encourage mcgivor to try to refrain from such and give you the benefit of doubt.  But calling out poor behavior out I can stand behind. 

But some of your post continue to be abrasive in nature. A good bit of them have little digs and jabs in them. That are not jokes.

I would second BB sentiments that comedy is hard especially online.  I would purpose a more to the issues posting and not trying to be funny.  At least with this crowd(me included) this rough and abrasive "humour" is not well received, or welcomed.

There are polite ways of expression, and I would like to second horsefly. Generally You would be hard pressed to find a more civilized part of the internet then here. 

So I invite more seasoned members to keep thing as they have been civil. At least for our part let's keep things civil and decent. 

And invite others newer members to take note. 
    This is not your average internet gathering. There is a higher standard here.  And encourage them to rise to this higher level. 

• Lumisol
    edited June 2017 #7
     <3 
  • littleharbor2
    littleharbor2 Solar Expert Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017 #8
    He, @mcgivor , calls it as he sees it. I would say by all who agree with his statement it needed to be said. I personally get  somewhat annoyed by all the blather in the majority of your comments. I have learned a lot from this forum and try to pay back where I can with helpful comments. I try to keep comments on topic and comment only where I think it will help and inform the OP as do most members here. May I suggest you take the not so subtle hint and not feel like you need to comment on every topic, and only when whatever you add is on point and not some worthless attempt at humor. It's cluttering the airwaves.

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.

• Lumisol
    I get annoyed by a lot of comments and blather here as well, but I don't start calling people "bigots, and self centered egotistical court jesters" like some members like to do.

I will apologize to those that didn't understand the humor of my posts when someone apologizes for their schoolyard display of name calling.

In fact, I'll not even wait as I don't expect anyone who resorts to such low means to comprehend why they should apologize.
    Sorry if I offended anyone by repeating jokes that I thought were appropriate and supported views already given in certain posts.
    I see now that there are members that do not like humor interjected as much as I do into dry subjects such as electrical theory and design. Now I know.
    I was just trying to keep the mood light and fun.
  • mcgivor

Lumisol said:
    I get annoyed by a lot of comments and blather here as well, but I don't start calling people "bigots, and self centered egotistical court jesters" like some members like to do.

I will apologize to those that didn't understand the humor of my posts when someone apologizes for their schoolyard display of name calling.

In fact, I'll not even wait as I don't expect anyone who resorts to such low means to comprehend why they should apologize.
    Sorry if I offended anyone by repeating jokes that I thought were appropriate and supported views already given in certain posts.
    I see now that there are members that do not like humor interjected as much as I do into dry subjects such as electrical theory and design. Now I know.
    I was just trying to keep the mood light and fun.
    My apologies for choosing the words I did, they were intended  to grab your attention, not as a personal attack, perse, numerous passive attempts were made to no avail. My concern was comments, criticisms and innuendo directed towards people's workmanship, opinions or whatever may manifest into something out of control. Someone always having the last word is particularly annoying, like the fly you can't swat, more so when it is directed at national identify, even if used jokingly, could be construed as a serious  and who knows what could be next, religion, race, gender? Often the remarks appeared from the hip without actually reading the contents of the post  a particularly dangerous combination.

My decision to not respond to your counter retorts was calculated, that would have ended in a slugfest of ugliness, which definitely was not my intention. So you've made an apology, I apologize to you for causing any anxiety and choosing the words I did. Futhermore I apologize  to all members, guests and our host, if they  may have been offended. Hopefully we can put this to rest. 

1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • dennis461
    dennis461 Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭✭
    Life sucks, fuses blow.

Camden County, NJ, USA
    19 SW285 panels
    SE5000 inverter
    grid tied
  • Lumisol
    I didn't see any messages in my inbox, so I am not sure how you tried to contact me.

I think it's time to delete this silly thread altogether.
  • mcgivor
    Lumisol said:
    I didn't see any messages in my inbox, so I am not sure how you tried to contact me.

I think it's time to delete this silly thread altogether.

Assuming the question was directed at me, I've never sent you a private message so that would make sense.  
    The passive attempts were made by others, more as veiled suggestions within posts, if of course, that is what you are referring to.
  • Lumisol
    dennis461 said:
    Life sucks, fuses blow.

Hey now, folks around here don't like when you say something sucks. Try to be nice. Besides life is wonderful and there is nothing about it that sucks.
  • Estragon
    Estragon Registered Users Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The purpose of a fuse is to ensure current is interrupted before permanent damage is done. Let's replace the fuse and move on.
    Off-grid.  
    Main daytime system ~4kw panels into 2xMNClassic150 370ah 48v bank 2xOutback 3548 inverter 120v + 240v autotransformer
    Night system ~1kw panels into 1xMNClassic150 700ah 12v bank morningstar 300w inverter
  • Lumisol
    Sure, let's also not say things suck as I was told that's a no-no here. ;)
    The purpose of a wire is to conduct electrical current to a desired point for a desired outcome.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Let's move on. Apologies all around.

- Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
This discussion has been closed.