mate 3 set up

petertearai
petertearai Solar Expert Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭
Hi decided to bite the bullet and try to set up optics re . Have installed version 3.15.0 to mate . set to dhcp .but cant see it connecting to network  . The network port is lit and has communication flashes .Any one with a set up guide?  . One thing i note is when i push the port button it dosnt go to the ip address screen or show the mac address , just stays on the existing screen . 
any ideas ?
2225 wattts pv . Outback 2kw  fxr pure sine inverter . fm80 charge controller . Mate 3. victron battery monitor . 24 volts  in 2 volt Shoto lead carbon extreme batterys. off grid  holiday home 

Comments

• petertearai
    well  ob firmware update instructions say that the port button will operate if firmware update was successful. So i decided to go down to 002-019-003 . port button now works , can see ip address and mac address , but lost inverter bar  and generator bar... . so i upgraded to 003-015-003. all bars back but port button back to not working ...  so not much progress .
    2225 wattts pv . Outback 2kw  fxr pure sine inverter . fm80 charge controller . Mate 3. victron battery monitor . 24 volts  in 2 volt Shoto lead carbon extreme batterys. off grid  holiday home 
  • Raj174
    Raj174 Solar Expert Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    If you don't already have it, this is the OpticsRe install manual. I used it to set mine up and it worked without a hitch. If this procedure didn't work you may have a hardware or firmware issue and need to call support.

Read the manual carefully, I found this on the first page:
    1. CAUTION: Hazard to Equipment:

During installation of OpticsRE programming, the MATE3 will be upgraded again to firmware revision 003.001.000. This is a one-way upgrade. Attempting to downgrade from this revision will permanently corrupt the MATE3. 

4480W PV, MNE175DR-TR, MN Classic 150, Outback Radian GS4048A, Mate3, 51.2V 360AH nominal LiFePO4, Kohler Pro 5.2E genset.
  • petertearai
    thanks  .yes i didn't read that warning correctly. so going to 002.019.00 was a bad idea.However at the start i had a version 003  and went to 003.015.00 . I did this because it was the latest firmware recommended by outback . This didn't work as the port button was inoperable. however firmware version showed correctly. You may ask why i wanted to upgrade in the first place . It was because optis re has been having lots of issues, as seen on there forum, so thought i may make it better to start with latest recommended firmware .
    Thanks for your reply 

• Raj174
    Raj174 Solar Expert Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully the Mate3 was not damaged. I would still call Outback and see if they can help. From my perspective OpticsRE has been working well and they continue to improve it.
    Good Luck
    Rick 
    4480W PV, MNE175DR-TR, MN Classic 150, Outback Radian GS4048A, Mate3, 51.2V 360AH nominal LiFePO4, Kohler Pro 5.2E genset.
  • petertearai
    yes hope ok . But i couldn't get the port button to work after installing the firmware 003.15.00. That is the current version that outback recommends .Have spoken to local dealer , waiting to hear back from them .