Xantrex T-240 Autotransformer Wanted

bdimambro
bdimambro Registered Users Posts: 5 ✭✭
All,

Looking to purchase a Xantrex T-240 Auto Transformer in good condition. This will be paired with 2 SW 4024 inverters. Please leave contact info.

Cheers,

Brian

Comments

• bill von novak
    bill von novak Solar Expert Posts: 891 ✭✭✭✭
    bdimambro said:
    All,

Looking to purchase a Xantrex T-240 Auto Transformer in good condition. This will be paired with 2 SW 4024 inverters. Please leave contact info.

Consider replacing with an Outback PSX-240.  Same winding configuration and higher power (6kW.)
  • bdimambro
    bdimambro Registered Users Posts: 5 ✭✭
    I'm also wanting to have the ability to bypass my inverters and run directly off my generator if I lose an inverter. The Outback PSX-240 is a great product and unfortunately it does not have the ability to swap between inverter and generator with a flip of a breaker. Although, I could have the wrong model ... is the T-240 the box that has the auto transformer and disconnect that allows running the house off the generator with the flip of a breaker? 
  • mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Often there are outback PSX240s on ebay
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• Estragon
    Estragon Registered Users Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see a difference between Outback and Xantrex autotransformers in terms of swtching between generator and inverter. I think the Outback may be available as a bare transformer, but mine is in an enclosue with breakers.

I use mine for a pump, but if it was for generator output I would use a generator panel to switch sources to prevent having both sources connected together.
    Off-grid.  
    Main daytime system ~4kw panels into 2xMNClassic150 370ah 48v bank 2xOutback 3548 inverter 120v + 240v autotransformer
    Night system ~1kw panels into 1xMNClassic150 700ah 12v bank morningstar 300w inverter
  • Saggys
    Saggys Solar Expert Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
    eBay occasionally has Trace T240's for sale. I think you would also want an inverter bypass switch to run your house panel directly from your generator.