it is possible to connect three string in mppt tracker

JAYMIN
JAYMIN Registered Users Posts: 22 ✭✭
Hello dear friends it is possible to connect three string in mppt tracker ( first two string in 1st mppt and third string in 2nd mppt  ) ? if it possible then how will this two MPPT works?

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    There are some MPPT types of equipment (typically GT Inverters as I recall?) that have multiple MPPT inputs.

MPPT is based on input (solar array) electrical characteristics... The output (AC for GT inverters, DC current for solar/wind charge controllers) is "just a dump for energy"--And (within specifications) a "don't care" as the output is the "same" for the multiple MPPT input circuits.

MPPT is a down (or up) conversion from input to output (typically a buck converter for a solar MPPT charger that adjusts duty cycle of the buck converter to electrically "match" the input voltage/current to output voltage/current.

How to design a 2 input MPPT controller (cost effectively) GT inverter (or even solar charge controller), I don't have a clue.

Are you asking this as an installer/end user (how things work in a system)? Or are you interested as a MPPT based controller designer?

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • JAYMIN
    JAYMIN Registered Users Posts: 22 ✭✭
    BB. said:
    There are some MPPT types of equipment (typically GT Inverters as I recall?) that have multiple MPPT inputs.

MPPT is based on input (solar array) electrical characteristics... The output (AC for GT inverters, DC current for solar/wind charge controllers) is "just a dump for energy"--And (within specifications) a "don't care" as the output is the "same" for the multiple MPPT input circuits.

MPPT is a down (or up) conversion from input to output (typically a buck converter for a solar MPPT charger that adjusts duty cycle of the buck converter to electrically "match" the input voltage/current to output voltage/current.

How to design a 2 input MPPT controller (cost effectively) GT inverter (or even solar charge controller), I don't have a clue.

Are you asking this as an installer/end user (how things work in a system)? Or are you interested as a MPPT based controller designer?

-Bill
    i just ask as a designer if i have a 3 string then how arrange these 3 strings into 2 mppt tracker of inverter ?
  • bill von novak
    bill von novak Solar Expert Posts: 891 ✭✭✭✭
    JAYMIN said:i just ask as a designer if i have a 3 string then how arrange these 3 strings into 2 mppt tracker of inverter ?
    "Like" strings should be combined.  So if you have 2 West strings and one South string, the two West strings should be combined into one channel.

From there, ensure that the current and voltage ratings for each MPPT input is not exceeded - and you are good to go.