ComBox FTP fails via Wi-Fi?

Options
FTP interaction with my ComBox seems to work properly when the client is hardwired to the same ethernet switch as the ComBox, though the session timeout is far too short for command line use. With one Wi-Fi hop between ComBox and client, FTP barely works - lots of transactions fail and require a new login. With two Wi-Fi hops (one to get from my power shed to my house, and another to connect my new computer with no ethernet jack to the house switch) FTP totally fails. You may be able to login, but the first PWD or LS will kill the connection. Same problem in or out of PASV mode.

ComBox web access and file transfers work flawlessly via the multiple Wi-Fi hops. FTP and Modbus-TCP access to other devices in the power shed work perfectly over the exact same wireless path. Is anyone else seeing connectivity issues only with ComBox FTP?

Application Version: Ver03.00BN0704
Application Build Date: 2015-01-29_10-42-42

Apparently that is the latest... 

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No issues other than the normal start-up of a new system. It is not easy but will be getting better.
     What are your distances for xanbus? 130 feet or less correct?
     Also the ethernet cables need to be at least a meter long or longer. No small cables.
    There is later firmware than yours but that is not your problem so do not waste time with that until you get your issue solved.
    There is info on the COMBOX section of Schneider's web page and telephone support during the business week.
    Good Luck, I think you will like the data capture improvement from the old SW.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i did not know the combox had a FTP mode ?  I use Browser & web page access, and log files are a simple download with firefox (maybe it's using a FTP protocol inside the browser?)

Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• Dave Angelini
    Options
    Well now you know it has  FTP. It just does not have wifi, yet!  Ok, a few other things maybe the next Rev/model.

• Mangas
    Mangas Solar Expert Posts: 547 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Dave.  Waiting on Wi Fi too.

But, I don't think my detached solar mechanical room would network to the house without ethernet. 

Ranch Off Grid System & Custom Home: 2 x pair stacked Schneider XW 5548+ Plus inverters (4), 2 x Schneider MPPT 80-600 Charge Controllers, 2 Xanbus AGS Generator Start and Air Extraction System Controllers, 64 Trojan L16 REB 6v 375 AH Flooded Cel Batteries w/Water Miser Caps, 44 x 185 Sharp Solar Panels, Cummins Onan RS20 KW Propane Water Cooled Genset, ICF Custom House Construction, all appliances, Central A/C, 2 x High Efficiency Variable Speed three ton Central A/C 220v compressors, 2 x Propane furnaces, 2 x Variable Speed Air Handlers, 2 x HD WiFi HVAC Zoned System Controllers
  • Dave Angelini
    Options
    There are wi fi extenders.  The nice thing for me is I can tap my cell phone next to the XW and get everything it has ever done,
    when this is done.
    It may require a new model combox but that is way above what I know.

• solar_dave
    solar_dave Solar Expert Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016 #7
    Options
    I use Wi-Fi bridge to my TED and to my media box.

TL-WR700N 150Mbps Wireless N Mini Pocket Router - TP-LINK

http://www.tp-link.us/products/details/TL-WR700N.html

Another thing to look at is the channel that the router uses, interference might be minimized moving channels.  Around here all wifi stuff comes set to channel 6 and I find less problems on channel 8. Maybe that is just moving off the neighbors frequency, but just say'n.
    :dizzy:

Edit:
    BTW they are pretty cheap , Just checked Newegg and they have them for $18,99