New solar system for e-350

Options
Hello everyone,
I am setting up a solar panel / battery bank for my camper van and am just curious as to a couple things.
If anyone has any advice or comments, I would love to hear them.

The plan is this
Battery: 100Ah lithium deep cycle
Solar: 450-600watts total
wiring: #3, #4, and #8 gauge sheathed
charge controller: 60amp MPPT controller
inverter: 2000w pure sine wave
Monitor: ? (Do i need one?)

450-600Watts in solar panels. (still figuring it out, 3x150w panels or 2 x 300w panels) wired parallel with #8 gauge sheathed wire, connected to connector block on roof.

#4 gauge wire from connector block to 60amp Mppt controller. #3 gauge wire from Charge Control to battery bank.

Then I get a little lost. Am i connected to battery bank to the 12v fuse box? or does the Charge controller get connected to the 12v fuse box AND the battery bank?

Do I need a converter?
I am assuming a 2000w inverter would be plenty for a camper van running only a handful of appliances at a time with no real big heavy loads.
how much power would the alternator put into the battery bank if i were to connect that to the system?
If I were to have a local RV shop help me with the wiring, what should i be expecting to pay?
I am pretty sold with the lithium battery but is 100ah enough? according to AM-Solar 1 100ah lithium = roughly 4 100ah lead acid.

If anyone is curious as to anything else, I would be happy to throw in more details. Ill also have more questions
Just wondering if I am headed in the right direction. I am having trouble finding products online that fit my requirements, so I want to make sure I am in the right ballpark before really zeroing in.
Thanks!

Comments

• mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    is 100ah enough? according to AM-Solar 1 100ah lithium = roughly 4 100ah lead acid.
    A better "guess" is that you limit the LiOn battery to 10-90% of capacity and then have 70ah for each 100ah of lead acid Now the price fades a bit on you. And you should take advantage of the alternator in the rig, to charge the battery up in 20 minutes or so, that would take a couple days with solar PV.
    The question that REALLY needs answer, is what is the internal management system of the LiOn battery? Can it take a 15V alternator input ? Does it have a low voltage cut off? reverse cell protection ?
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,