Grid support Xantrex XW4024 Help

2»

Comments

• SkiDoo55
    SkiDoo55 Solar Expert Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    Please
    Masterjoe wrote: »
    Just a general question here regarding AC1 as well. I am a bit confused whether or not at night power for the loads is coming from the grid, or the batteries. Battery voltage remains at 25.6v and the inverter is in ac passthrough. LBCO is set to 22v and recharge volts is set to 25v. We have sell enabled and harvested around 17 Kw today and the charge controller sat in float for 8 hrs and 37 min today. It is night time now and batt voltage is 25.6v and the batteries are at medium charge on our XW 4024 inverter (4 lights lit). The grid support volts is set to 32v. Schneider Electric told me that it was fine at that voltage and to leave it there. What i am seeing is the AC1 voltage just below the load voltage and varies with the loads. I am also curious what happens when the battery voltage reaches 22v for the LCBO?
    You are OK if it sells then grid support is enabled, is you charge controller an XW MPPTxx-xxx and if Zanbuss connected inverter will follow the CC. Setting the voltage at 32 tells it to do that. My batteries currently midnite time are 25.8 vdc and battery monitor shows them@99% charge. My XW4024 draws @18 W during the night rest is coming from grid. When you turn sell off the as much as the loads and solar harvest will permit will come from the solar and the rest from grid. You still gets a full battery charge so they are ready for any power outage. If ComBox in system you can see what power is flowing and what direction and from/to device or loads. Makes it very easy to adjust or change settings.
    GT3.8 w/4600W Trina 230W, TX5000 w/5000W ET-250W, XW4024 w/1500W ET-250W, 4 L16, 5500W Gen. (never had to use) Yet!!
  • Masterjoe
    Masterjoe Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭
    If the inverter is in AC passthough and the grid is supporting the loads at night, how can I get it so that the battery bank is actually supporting the loads at night, so that they are drawn down and ready for the recharge in the morning. What I have going now is sell enabled and by late afternoon to early evening my battery bank is down to medium (4 lights lit on inverter). I want the batteries to be charged to 100% and ready for emergency only drawing down at night and being fully recharged during the day. The grid support volts are set to 32v which is automatic mode from what i have read from some very helpful users. Recharge volts is set to 25v and LBCO is set to 22v. I am wondering if I shouldn't have recharge volts to set 26v or even 26.5v. 27v was too high and the inverter always seemed to be switching back and forth between sell (A) and (Kw). Thank you for all your support. Also to note it has been 24 days so far and I have not added any distilled water , or checked whether or not the batteries need water which I will be doing tomorrow morning. I am not sure if that makes a difference. The battery temp this late evening I'd say around 5:30-6:00 was at 100 deg but dropped down to 85 deg by 8:00p when i last looked.
    4.5kw 24v System
    18 Solartec 250w polycrystalline panels
    Xantrex XW4024 Inverter/Charger
    Conext MPPT 80-600 Charge Controller
    12 Trojan L16G-AC 20 hour 390ah batteries tied in 3 strings at 1170ah total
  • mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    100F battery temp is too warm. First solve that heat issue.
    If the tops of any plates in the cells are exposed, you have damaged them.
    how can I get it so that the battery bank is actually supporting the loads at night, so that they are drawn down and ready for the recharge in the morning. What I have going now is sell enabled and by late afternoon to early evening my battery bank is down to medium (4 lights lit on inverter). I want the batteries to be charged to 100% and ready for emergency only drawing down at night
    Whoa, What do you want? Full batteries at night, ready for an emergency, or do you want to drain batteries every night to save your power bill ?

Hint 1 - replacement batteries cost much more than the savings in power.
    Hint 2 - because of recharge losses, nightly battery cycles leave you with 20% less over-all power, because of recharge losses.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,