Tesla more than doubles Powerwall output, price does not change.

JoshK
JoshK Solar Expert Posts: 232 ✭✭
FYI for anyone that missed the news the other day.
The Powerwall batteries will go from having a 2kW steady power output and 3.3kW peak output to a 5kW steady output and 7kW peak output, Musk said.
The price of the batteries will remain the same: $3,000 for the 7kW/hour (KWh) daily cycle version and $3,500 for the 10kWh backup UPS version.

Comments

• mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's still vaporware till they ship.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Lets just keep the discussion to what is known (and not known). There is a always a lot of "salesmanship" in start-ups and new products. And it is very difficult to tell from the outside (and sometimes even on the inside) how much of it is hype.

And there will always be a few earlier adopters that are willing to take the risk on new tech--And others that will wait it out. Both are valid decisions for those involved. And we will probably not know much for the next few years.

I remember the flat screen TV wars... And the results have been amazing. Tube type TVs are dead, large home projection TVs and Plasma TVs are rare/near dead/dead. And pretty cheap but nice & low power Digital TV LED LCD screens are everywhere.

Thank you early adopters.

-Bill "moderator" B.
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • JoshK
    BB. wrote: »
    Lets just keep the discussion to what is known...
    It's not news, it's Elon Musk fabrications, to keep the share price bullish, before it become bearish.

I think you mistakenly deleted the wrong post.
    Thank you early adopters.
    I agree. Early adopters know it's not the same as a mature product, but they buy in anyway to usher in the next era. That should be applauded.
  • BB.
    Moderation is difficult... I was just trying to stop us going down a specific path... Try and keep the discussions to the technical stuff. We cannot know what is others' minds & hearts.

I hope everyone understands. No hard feelings.

-Bill :-)
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • JoshK
    It's not news, it's Elon Musk fabrications, to keep the share price bullish, before it become bearish.
    I hope everyone understands. No hard feelings.

As long as SolarPowered's bullying of Tesla stands, there are hard feelings. I don't think you moderated, I feel you dictated. You have made your opinion against Tesla clear in other posts, and here you killed the defense without moderating the bully.
  • BB.
    OK--Deleted the other post too...

-Bill
  • JoshK
    mike95490 wrote: »
    it's still vaporware till they ship.

I agree. Thanks for staying focused on the product.
  • KenZ71
    KenZ71 Solar Expert Posts: 58 ✭✭
    Musk seems like a brilliant engineer AND salesman. But I suppose nothing truly great will get developed without those two.

Is his use of government money a crime? Don't think so, lots of jobs have been created that is a good thing!