Classic 150 says "Float" but SOC is 97%

Options
2twisty
2twisty Solar Expert Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
Classic is doing a few strange things the last week.

The other day, it was reading 100%SOC, but was still in absorb for a while until I got to End Amps. Why would it say 100SOC if I wasn't at End Amps? It did this for 3-4 days in a row that I saw.

Now, today, it reads 97%SOC and "float." How did I get to End Amps when SOC was less than 100?

I have changed none of my settings.

Ideas?

(Posting this on MidniteForum, as well)

Comments

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If it hasn't reach ends amps and reads 100% SOC it might have to do with having entered the correct capacity, or warmer temps (batteries have increased capacity when warm so they would take more amps longer)

Not sure about the 97% reading, though once it has reached float unless set to resume bulk/absorb it won't go through another charge cycle until there is no available charging from the array. So perhaps you ran some loads, overcast and the fridge running?...
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.