Looking for Outback FLEX PowerOne and MATE users?

softdown
softdown Solar Expert Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭✭
Have not seen any other users on this board. Bit surprising really. Outback is not rare solar equipment.

Their user manuals got me to thinking "You have got to be kidding me". Might as well have been written in a foreign language.

Edit: Made a post at their forum but far prefer this forum.
First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries

Comments

• muddome
    muddome Registered Users Posts: 9
    I Have the FP1 with mate, however I swapped out the FM80 for a Midnite Classic. With 2070 watts of panels I was concerned with frying something at -30C on a sunny day. Everything has been working quite well for the two years since installation.
  • softdown
    softdown Solar Expert Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭✭
    Shouldn't exceed ~120 Voc per series in a cold climate with the Outback. Caught that threat early and only used two panels/series. The FP1 w/ Mate is so integrated thought I would prefer to not be swapping manufacturers. Though it has worked out for you.

Bought my unit 3 1/2 years ago. Seem to have a memory that I could monitor things over the internet. That true? If so....it may seem possible that a hacker could change settings over the internet? Do you know?

Hyper Voc is a strange phenomenon. It is the sun at daybreak that drives up voltage without enough amperage to turn on the CC and drive the voltage back down. Thought it sounded like witchcraft at first. For those who have not studied it. Many have not.

Had to do nine series with my eighteen panels. Bit of a pain but cheaper than replacing new CC.

Yes....the Midnite is often the one for cold climate people.
    First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries