Solar items Prices question...Important Question

karamyhosbany
karamyhosbany Registered Users Posts: 9
Hello PVers

If we assume that a 250 W polycrystalline solar panel price is 130 USD and I want to price a 10 Kw Solar system. Note that I don't have the total price for the panels, I only have the unit price for panels.

As you know 10 Kwp system has 40 panel. So if I want to put a price for these 40 panels I will never say :

40*130 USD = 5200 USD

It's a wrong pricing method for sure. Do you have a ratio or a factor that describe the decreasing of total price for our example ?

Waiting ur answers

Comments

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: Solar items Prices question...Important Question

Not sure what your asking? That is the price of a 10kw array. NOT the system price, nor should you expect 10kw production on all but the most perfect days.
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭

I believe the OP is asking about the difference between single panel and full skid pricing. The answer is that it depends on what any given retailer is offering at the moment.

I also seriously doubt you will find 250 Watt panels for $130 each. More like $250 each, and that when bought in full skids of twenty. Forty of those panels would probably be $10,000+.
  • westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭

And don't forget the shipping is not included in a per panel price...

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada
  • Cariboocoot
    westbranch wrote: »
    And don't forget the shipping is not included in a per panel price...

Yes indeed!
    The per-panel shipping can be greater than a whole pallet for large panels.
    NAWS even says on the >300 Watt panels that they are sold by the pallet only.
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got you guys...

I suspect he might have seen the Chaori panels being advertised at that price at Sun Electronics. That is a container price! 312 panels!

You could have clicked on the display on their page and it would take you here>>>> PUT CURSER OVER AND CLICK ON THIS HIGH LIGHTED TEXT This will give you a per pallet price (26 panels or more) and a odd lot price (less than a pallet)

You might also note that while these are Grade A, UL listed panels, the company has been on the ropes for a while. LINK HERE
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • Cariboocoot

I hope people aren't getting this forum - solar-electric.com - confused with sunelec.com :p