Conext Combox reboots by itself

Options
Hi!
I was wondering whether anyone sees a somewhat strange behavior of Combox: it reboots by itself every night at about 3:05am. I do not know whether it happened after the upgrade to 2.0 firmware or it did this before but this month I have a constantly working Linux daemon that gets data from the box over Modbus and I see it in the daemon logs. Somehow I vaguely remember reading somewhere about such a thing but can not remember where. :confused:

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• DMJ72
    DMJ72 Solar Expert Posts: 131 ✭✭
    Options
    Re: Conext Combox reboots by itself
    vomus wrote: »
    Hi!
    I was wondering whether anyone sees a somewhat strange behavior of Combox: it reboots by itself every night at about 3:05am. I do not know whether it happened after the upgrade to 2.0 firmware or it did this before but this month I have a constantly working Linux daemon that gets data from the box over Modbus and I see it in the daemon logs. Somehow I vaguely remember reading somewhere about such a thing but can not remember where. :confused:

Thanks in advance,

Yes, they all do it. Even before the 2.0 firmware. Some sort of housekeeping routine @ 3am, thats what the manual says anyway ;)
  • mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

and I've noticed it twice now, has locked up the LOAD reporting from the inverter ( xw6048 ) and I have to do a cold reboot of the inverter to clear it. yow !
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• SkiDoo55
    SkiDoo55 Solar Expert Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    Options

When mine locked up just did a hard power cycle of the ComBox, never had to cycle my devices? So far running ver 2.0 have only had the 3 AM reboot. Nothing like the 0 to 5 per day had with previous version. Tech I hope is working on top level display issue, not adding Grid inverter output to XW output/loads correctly. Only showing what is going thru the XW. It does record production correctly though! Sure others have experieced other items depending on what is attached.
    if you are having issues put in a tech support request, this is the only way it will get fixed.

They almost shipped a SCP free to me because of complaining about the missing features in last firmware for the enhanced grid support and the generator plus selection. darn, they came out with Ver 2 which has them:grr
    The squeaky wheel gets the grease!
    GT3.8 w/4600W Trina 230W, TX5000 w/5000W ET-250W, XW4024 w/1500W ET-250W, 4 L16, 5500W Gen. (never had to use) Yet!!