Generator technical question

2»

Comments

• Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Re: Generator technical question
    vtmaps wrote: »
    I have also done that with two generators, but when I switched inputs from gen to grid, the AC in amps changed, but the charger amps stayed the same. Am I missing something? Is that a mate3 thing? (I have a mate, not a mate3).

--vtMaps

No, not missing anything.
    The preferred maximum rate of charge is based on the battery bank; the source of the charging is irrelevant to this because the battery bank size doesn't change.
  • Blackcherry04
    Blackcherry04 Solar Expert Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭
    vtmaps wrote: »
    I have also done that with two generators, but when I switched inputs from gen to grid, the AC in amps changed, but the charger amps stayed the same. Am I missing something? Is that a mate3 thing? (I have a mate, not a mate3).

--vtMaps
    Your correct on that, I blew that one. The charger amps have to be reset if you want it to be different on each Generator. I don't change mine often because the GFV doesn't pull that many amps (12 amps) and I limit it with the ACin @ 6 amps on the Honda.
  • mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    westbranch wrote: »
    Mike, can you expand a bit on how you have the 2 inverters set up/ wired and does the larger inverter supply 240 or just 120, then through the Xformer?
    tks

> I use a autotransformer to boost a small 120V genset, to 240 for the inverter. That runs my 300W baseline for a long time off a 2000w inverter genset

I have "romex" run from my inverter room to my generator room. The cable terminates at a J-box with a electric stove plug wired to it. Each 240v generator has a matching stove outlet wired to it's 240 output. the 120V generator is wired to a step-up transformer, and it has it's own stove outlet. So I just plug the inverter (AC2 input) into which ever generator is being run.

The welder has the same stove plug, so I can plug it into any generator too. (except the 120V one)
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,