Fuses - fuses - fuses!

2»

Comments

• Lexicon7
    Lexicon7 Solar Expert Posts: 50 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Fuses - fuses - fuses!

Mine is very old as well! I'll have to pick up a new one...
  • Lexicon7
    BiPap Information :::

Coot, I'm finding the same stuff you already found I guess and have to say I appreciate your dilligence in pointing this all out to me.. I found that like most things, it is a bit tricky as there are so many manufacturers and models of these machines now but found this page on CpapMan.com :::

http://www.cpapman.com/power-supply-cords/resmed-series-covnerter-p-800.html

This looks like the little number. What are your thoughts...? :cool:
  • Lexicon7

Attachment not found.
    This PS looks the same as mine.. I suppose the circuitry is different..
    Sure would be nice to just buy the wiring and plug it into my PS...? I'll call my people on Monday for sure because I should be able to get this on my insurance...
  • inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    The point is that if you can plug it in to a cigarette lighter it can run on 12 VDC, not that you should plug it in to the truck and run the engine all night to keep the machine going.
    And additionally, that it can run safely off up to about 15V as found sometimes during charging with an alternator, and therefore will be OK with a solar-recharged battery rather than requiring a 12VDC +/-5% regulated power supply!
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.
  • Plowman
    Plowman Solar Expert Posts: 203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The point is that if you can plug it in to a cigarette lighter it can run on 12 VDC, not that you should plug it in to the truck and run the engine all night to keep the machine going.

I would check the demands of your particular unit carefully to know what power it uses at what Voltage; sometimes there is a difference in performance between 120 VAC and 12 VDC operation, especially if the 12 VDC adapter has a buck booster circuit.

Thanks Coot, I certainly didn't mean to suggest that he should run it off his truck batteries. If I had to run one of these off a battery, I'd cut off the cig adapter and install Powerpoles or ring terminals and attach it directly to my deep cycle batteries. I have a female cig adapter attached to my battery bank, and it generally works OK, but I wouldn't rely on it for a breathing machine.

I wasn't familiar with buck booster circuits before, had to google that one. Now I have a better understanding of how my computer works, thanks for that.
  • Lexicon7

Plow, is there a link to an apparatus for direct to RV batt DC for my ResMed...?
  • Lexicon7

Oh I get it.. you mean order the lighter power cord and instead of the male lighter socket prong, just stick a ring on there to the RV batt... That just sounds too simple? That would do it eh... Wow!
  • mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭

For my camping ( and power fail backup) I have a properly sized "Jump Start Power Pack". I'd used a kill-a-watt meter to measure the power consumed, and located a $80 car starter battery pack that has a cigar lighter socket on it. And my CPAP 12V dc power cord plugs right into it. Different machines will need different sized battery pack, and heaters and humidifiers can't be used - they draw too much power. But the new machines are pretty efficient.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• Lexicon7

Hi, I had a hard enogh time trying to use this thing WITH the humidifier there is no way I could do without it....
    Very happy to say, after much research, the one thing that kept coming up was that body fat contributes heavily to sleep apnea... I have learned that it may be possible that the extra fatty tissue in the neck at least for men causes the snoring to be much worse leading to the apneas.
    Therefore I have undertaken an active weight loss program and I can already see improvements..
    Last few nights I only used the machine an hours or so which used to make for very bad following days but now I feel very good all the time.. Go for low body fat and perhaps you can dump your machine too!