US BAttery promo video, A few comparative numbers vs Trojan

westbranch
westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭
a short sales pitch about their batteries and some interesting numbers about their true deep cycle and then their RV deep cycle, at least that is what is displayed in the video.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9WsEVEOWfU&feature=youtu.be

Function ........................................ USB ................... Trojan

Cycles to Rated Capacity, DEEP Cycle ...... 25 ....... 125

Initial Capacity Reg Deep cycle ......... 112 minutes .......... 85 minutes
Cycle Life Reg deep cycle ....,.......... 900 .............. 640

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
West Chilcotin, BC, Canada

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: US BAttery promo video, A few comparative numbers vs Trojan

Thanks for the link! I continue to be impressed by the way US battery does business. They respond to e-mail daily and I think their triple cap removal system is the best.
    Probably the one thing that people do not know is that when you order their 1100 AH (20HR) battery they are built to your order and that can add a month on to actually getting a battery. I like this as I know quality is baked in at the factory and not determined by a 16 year old kid at a dealer.

Dealers are not filling the US 1100AH battery and I like knowing that my customer does not have to worry about date codes and dealer tricks or what I will call shenanigans.

The Surrette equivalent of this battery got pretty bad for me! The final straw for me was 2 different clients with batteries without a date code stamp. It will take a long time for me to go back to Surrette and I do wish them well. Their one fill cap 1100AH battery was the best in this size.

The Trojan 1100AH is very similar to the US battery and the easy triple cap system that US Battery makes will fit on a Trojan BTW.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: US BAttery promo video, A few comparative numbers vs Trojan

Hi Dave,

Sorry to hear that Surrette has disappointed you.

Agree about trying to avoid having a battery dealer in the middle of a battery purchase.

All of the Surrette banks here, and those of a neighbor were drop-shipped directly from Surrette. Would not have it any other way.
    So far all of the 5000 series (4KS25s) batteries have been doing fine -- in their ninth year. One S-530, also in year 9 appears to be getting lazy. But still, not bad for L-16s.

It is not clear to me which manufacturer would choose, when any of these batteries will need replacing ... had felt that Surrette would be tops on that list. But, if one cannot get drop-ships from them, may need to look elsewhere.

BTW, Surrette has said that dealer stock shipments are shipped wet -- too tedious for dealers to fill and Activate dry batteries. Believe that dry batteries from Surrette are a special case. I did have one Warranty replacement cell sent dry, directly from Surrette, however.
    FWIW, Vic
    Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.