Off Grid lighting with kids

inthejungle
inthejungle Solar Expert Posts: 91 ✭✭
I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on a small problem we have.

The Problem

We have lights made by thin-lite, they run 8vdc-30vdc At night in our bathroom we run a light so that when one of the kids get up they can see. .5 amps for 10 hours is enough to trying to conserve it. Our kids can't turn on the light because it is to high so it sits on all night.

My idea is this, what if we could put a motion sensor on the wall, when one of them walked in the light would come on. I found a few moition sensors from Mouser for 10 or so dollars the problem is that the light would only blink on and off each time it sensed motion. I thought about adding a time delay, but don't know how that would work.

Does anyone have ideas on how we might accomplish this for small money as we say here in Liberia. I am open to any suggestions

Thanks in advance

(Our system is a 12volt system)

INJ
In Niger, trying to keep a LG FMA 102NAMA fridge(This has the inverter compressor) backed up with solar using a Victron Multi-Plus Inverter/Charger Compact 12v 1600w with a 70a charger built in.I want to back it up for 4-8 hours. I am also running a few O2 cool fans and a few Thin Lite LED's of my batteries for when the grid is down so my kids can sleep.

Comments