Xantrex XW6048 GRID SUPPORT WITH LOAD SHAVING ENABLE.

Please teach me: I have a back-up battery system with xw6048 with 648 amp./hr battery. No solar panels. I like to run the system with grid support enable, but i like to active the load shaving function to cut the grid and run with the batteries in the night from load shave start 20:00(8:00 pm) to load shave stop to 4:00 am, after the load shave stop at 4:00 am, the system go to connect to the grid and charge in the morning with the grid.

Thank,

Comments

• RCinFLA
    RCinFLA Solar Expert Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Xantrex XW6048 GRID SUPPORT WITH LOAD SHAVING ENABLE.

Question is WHY?

You are doing exactly what the power company would not want you to do, load shaving at their min power periods of day.

It is also costing you more for grid electric to recharge batteries then you get back during load shaving.
  • System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin

The problem is, i have voltage problem in the night with the grid. I have in the grid input at night one line at 90vac and the other line in 100vac. I like to run with the batteries in the night.

ACTUAL SET:
    Here is where I operate now:
    1. Grid Support V = 54.
    2. Grid Support = Enable
    3. Load ShAVING = Enable
    4. Load SHAVING START =18:00
    5.LOAD SHAVING STOP= 4:00 AM
    5. Load Sharing Amps = 48.0 AMP.
    6. Low Battery Cutout = 40
    7. CHARGER set to 2-stage charging
  • RCinFLA

You won't fix it with load shaving unless your loads are the cause of the line voltage drop. During load shaving the XW matches the grid voltage and pushes a max set current into grid-load path.

You would have to go off grid for XW to run at normal 120v/240v output.
  • System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin

When the grid power is go down at 90vac in the input, the xw balance the xw output to 105 to 110 vac per line in the output. But in this moment, i need to go off grid to run full with batteries. I LIKE TO DO THAT AUTO WITH THE XW.
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

you need to contact your utility so that they can get to the bottom of why your voltage is that low. what is it during the day?
  • RCinFLA
    When the grid power is go down at 90vac in the input, the xw balance the xw output to 105 to 110 vac per line in the output. But in this moment, i need to go off grid to run full with batteries. I LIKE TO DO THAT AUTO WITH THE XW.

Just do grid support enable with 105 vac as min acceptable voltage.

Inverter will release from grid when voltage drops below 105 vac and you will be running on batteries. When grid comes back above 105 vac it will reconnect and recharge batteries.
  • YehoshuaAgapao
    YehoshuaAgapao Solar Expert Posts: 280 ✭✭

The default is 106V so if the grid drops below 106V it will disconnect from the grid until the voltage is back up to 106 or more. You can change it to something higher or lower, such as 110 or 115 if you are having electronics having issues with too low voltage power.
  • YehoshuaAgapao
    YehoshuaAgapao Solar Expert Posts: 280 ✭✭
    niel wrote: »
    you need to contact your utility so that they can get to the bottom of why your voltage is that low. what is it during the day?

He may live in a country where the power company could care less about the quality of its power.