Resolutions To Reverse the Unsustainable Solar Industry

RSSfeed
RSSfeed Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭
body-resolutions-to-reverse-the-unsustainable-solar-industry.jpg Viewing the solar industry (and all of its technologies) from the outside an observer would be confronted by two distinct views. View number one: THIS IS THE GREATEST TIME IN THE WORLD FOR SOLAR. GROWTH IS OFF OF THE CHARTS. THIS IS THE BEST YEAR YET. View number two: This is the worst time for manufacturers of photovoltaic technology. Enter at your own risk and consider failure the likely outcome.

More...

Comments

• ggunn
    ggunn Solar Expert Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭
    Re: Resolutions To Reverse the Unsustainable Solar Industry

Someone commented, "There is a lot here, some of it very good. But I take exception to #5."

I don't. Moore's Law is based on the fact that integrated circuit components are halved in size every two years without loss of functionality. Obviously, PV cannot do that; 1000W/m^2 is all we have to work with.
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's obvious the guy doesn't understand economics...
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Photowhit wrote: »
    It's obvious the guy doesn't understand economics...

That's the #1 requirement of being an economist. :p