Anyone familiar with this company?

solarguygk
solarguygk Registered Users Posts: 2
so i found this auction site called northstateauctions.com who has solar kits panels and inverters as well as mounting kits and want to see if anyone can please take a look and let me know what they think i should consider buying thank for your time.

Comments

• Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Re: Anyone familiar with this company?

I've changed the title to try and direct the right kind of interest to this inquiry.

Apparently this company has a "Solar Powered Auction" (sic) coming up and the OP is wondering if it's worth taking a chance on.
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like fun, I take it your in the area? I wouldn't want to try to have someone else ship something for me. I'd stay away from the solyndra tube panels and other than that look to pay a very minimal wholesale price something shy for 50cents a watt and maybe even limit my self to 30 cents a watt. It's an auction so caution your self to figure out what the most you want to pay and stick with it, likely don't even watch until the auction is over...
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

Watch/understand the charges for auction fees (plus any other buyer/seller charges)... Some sites get "very creative".

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset