300 watt Canadian Solar Panels....

alyaz
alyaz Solar Expert Posts: 114 ✭✭✭
Any reviews on these panels yet?

http://dnmsolar.com/productlist.php?category=59

Apparently the 300W panels are a second gen poly panel; its efficiency is 15.34%, 50lb. Supposedly a little larger than the 250W mono-cryst panels which are the same efficiency...
3.3 kW solar.  3 Midnite Solar controllers; 5 lightening suppressors.  Magnum’s inverter; auto gen start, BMK.  Davidson 2 v FLA’s - 24v bank.  Perkins diesel gen.

Comments

• niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: 300 watt Canadian Solar Panels....

no reviews. in fact i'm not sure if anybody has reported using some of the extra large pvs as of yet. in addition to the extra area these pvs carry extra weight too and should be a consideration in making your choice. as far as i know there's nothing wrong with the name brand.

i guess i should ask if they have reinforced the pv as the larger area could weaken its ability to resist twisting.
  • alyaz
    niel wrote: »
    no reviews. in fact i'm not sure if anybody has reported using some of the extra large pvs as of yet. in addition to the extra area these pvs carry extra weight too and should be a consideration in making your choice. as far as i know there's nothing wrong with the name brand.

i guess i should ask if they have reinforced the pv as the larger area could weaken its ability to resist twisting.

thanks niel...
    not sure i want to be the Guinea Pig :-) so will keep looking at the 240 watt sharps in anticipation of the next project.
    3.3 kW solar.  3 Midnite Solar controllers; 5 lightening suppressors.  Magnum’s inverter; auto gen start, BMK.  Davidson 2 v FLA’s - 24v bank.  Perkins diesel gen.
  • alyaz

ended up ordering six Helios clear backed 250 watt panels. made in the usa and the price was really good. looking forward to them arriving for the next project... :-)
  • upa123
    upa123 Registered Users Posts: 17

Well I guess this is a bit of a necro post but since no one else has really replied... I just installed 3k watts of these panels. They seem assembled as well as any of the higher quality manufacturers. They produce the rated power and apparently their claim to fame with the 2nd gen poly is improved low light collection. I have not been able to qualify or quantify this aspect as of yet. I guess we will see what longer durability brings us. At the moment they seems like very good panels at a very reasonable price.
  • verdigo
    verdigo Solar Expert Posts: 428 ✭✭

I have been thinking of buying some of these. They are physically the same size as the grape panels I already have and can be had for under a buck a watt.