Updated NEC code for solar

Does anyone know of a source where I can find the latest NEC code pertaining to solar? I am trying to get a straight answer about this GFCI thing and grounding. Trying to not have to purchase the entire book. Thanks,

Comments

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: Updated NEC code for solar

NEC code and practices 2010. There's a stick for this somewhere...
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    Photowhit wrote: »
    NEC code and practices 2010. There's a stick for this somewhere...
    Thanks! However, the full download and small file links are broken. The front-matter and body links on the right work but none of the Appendix links work.
    Possibly the NEC folks had them taken down?
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    inetdog wrote: »
    Thanks! However, the full download and small file links are broken. The front-matter and body links on the right work but none of the Appendix links work. Possibly the NEC folks had them taken down?

I don't think they were intentionaly taken down, but perhaps, I think Wileys(?) is connected with the University and there have been updated versions there over the years, in fact the "PV-NEC-V-1.91.pdf" that is supose to be linked is the 2005 version(from what little I've read).

I found the suggested practices PDF Here;

I'll search around when I get a chance, for the code stuff, or someone could send Wileys a message letting him know there's a bad link...
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.