Sun Solar Panels, any Good?

ElectricLou
ElectricLou Registered Users Posts: 1
Hello,
I have several PV panels on my boat 1 is a Kyocera KC130TM which is now discontinued. I am trying to find another KC130TM but have had no luck. I need a panel similar in size (aesthetics) the panels will be visible and mounted side by side on rail clamps. I came across Sun Solar panels that are almost the same size and have the same ratings as my KC130TM. Are these panels any good? Will they last?:confused:

Thanks in advance for your opinions, Louie

Comments

• Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Re: Sun Solar Panels, any Good?

Welcome to the forum.

I'm a little hazy on Sun panels. :p
    This is because several companies use the word 'sun' in their brand name, often in conjunction with other words. One of these companies makes panels which are "positive ground" and don't play nice with other equipment.

BTW, Kyocera makes 140 Watt panels which I believe you will find are electrically similar to your 130: http://www.solar-electric.com/kykd140wasom.html
    They are an updated version of the classic KD135 and have a Vmp of 17.7 and Imp of 7.9 Measure about 60" x 26"

Is that any help?
  • HandyFranky
    HandyFranky Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey everyone.
    I felt like this is the Forum to ask my solar panel related question.
    I bought the product linked (deleted by niel) and I'm looking for people who already ordered it.
    A female friend of mine who isn't that good at craft needs a solar panel aswell and I wonder if she will be able top do this!
    Thanks in advance!
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone.
    I felt like this is the Forum to ask my solar panel related question.
    I bought the product linked HERE and I'm looking for people who already ordered it.
    A female friend of mine who isn't that good at craft needs a solar panel aswell and I wonder if she will be able top do this!
    Thanks in advance!

Here is not a link to a product rather a post for junk solar, perhaps a moderator will remove!

If you actually asking about the "product" it appears to most everyone here as silly claims scam.
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.