can i use grounding method

Options
2»

Comments

• niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: can i use grounding method

i guess i'll add a tad more here as wiles does address the gec wire. note that i did not see him saying that the conductor should be buried, or even outside for that matter, which means it could be interpreted to be able to be an interconnecting ground wire from the inverter straight to the ac panel in the house.:cry: he further says the wire can be insulated and technically the rods would be tied even though the wire is insulated, but a bare wire buried will add to the contact area with the ground and it will truly be one large grounding system at this point. remember that there should only be 1 grounding point, but properly interconnected ground rods will make it an extra large single grounding point. that is a very desirable thing just as long as there aren't 2 or more paths to the ground rod or ground system. without depicting that ground rod bonding wire to be underground he is creating an undesirable setup for ground loops.
  • ericfarmer
    ericfarmer Registered Users Posts: 2
    Options

I may be the new guy here but you have two different grounds. 1 is the ECC bond wire,it is for the frame and the conduit and cases ( if you use metal conduit) this does not interconnect to the electrical ground except at the ground rod. The other ground electrical equipment ground. these are and must be keep separate.
    The ECC bond wire is continuous from end to end. no breaks and no splices (generally).
  • ericfarmer
    ericfarmer Registered Users Posts: 2
    Options

I looked at the drawing and it would not be accepted in California. You do not tie the ECC ground to the system ground. They are two separate grounds.