XW configuration tool problem, where to buy new one?

b. ecologìcAll
b. ecologìcAll Registered Users Posts: 41 ✭✭✭
1. I had a fully working configuration tool for the past two years.
today I decide to upgrade the win7 driver and xw config tool software to the latest revision available at the schneider webpage.
for some reason, no led turns on on the dongle, when launching the config tool software, it don't see the xw inverter
question: how to trouble shooting with the dongle, win 7 driver and last software revision to make it work again?
the only document available at the schneider web pages dates from 2008?

2. where to purchase a new canbus adapter? i have read here that it is a $100 hardware, but dealers in PR sells it at $450, with a 15% discount to installers...

thanks

Comments

• mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: XW configuration tool problem, where to buy new one?

I had problems updating with an older gateway, and while I was able to flash the SCP via gateway, when I tried to update an old v1.0 GW, it bricked. And I don't brick stuff. They shipped me a replacement GW, with current firmware, and i was able to update the XW6048 with it.

The firmware updates via gateway are very slow, about 15 or 20 minutesfor both SCP and Inverter

AND - when you update the inverter firmware, it (inverter) shuts off. No AC. No power to the wall wart that runs the router that you hardwire to the gateway. I used a auto power cord to power my 12V router (linksys WRT54GL) off my CPAP portable power pack.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Can't you just reinstall with XP? If you want a new Dongle go to http://www.briery.com/order.html
    They have one for $175 but it won't be quite as easy as the dongle that Scneider sells. I have sent 3 people to Briery and they are happy.
    Most all the XW products sold in the last 3 years are mature now and should not need any updating. Good Luck!
    The XW gateway does undersatisfy so stay away from it.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• b. ecologìcAll
    b. ecologìcAll Registered Users Posts: 41 ✭✭✭

the guy from customer service send me a new one for $150, so i think it was not so bad
    my concern now, why does it stop working
    what to do, or not to do to damage the new one...?

i have spend my last 10 hours trying to start xp as a second boot using wintoflash
    let see what happen..
  • t00ls
    t00ls Solar Expert Posts: 245 ✭✭✭

windows 7 does something called xp mode, which is to say it runs a virtual xp over top of 7 ..both run at the same time.

you may also reinstall the config tool software with compatibility mode.
    cant remember how I did it, just upgraded myself, but I'm using one of daves can to usb adapters from briery...very happy with it.

I'm also running win 7 64 bit which was a challenge for the config software .. it like 32 bit windows