Amp reduction for relay control use

Hi, My relay didn't work, I think it is because the voltage amp level is outside of the ma scale it was designed to work with. I have a few shunts, is there any way I can use them to make the line amperage usable by the relay. The relay has large terminals and the load amp rating I need so I would like to try to stay with it, or the like. The controll voltage is 3v-32v, my battery line voltage falls within that.:confused:
Always troubleshoot with adequate sunlight.  Hi Ho Hi Ho
2.3kW [10] Enecsys SMI-240-60 micro inverters

Comments

• icarus
    icarus Solar Expert Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Amp reduction for relay control use

Not making any sense again Thomas,, can you try to be more clear?

Tony
  • RCinFLA
    RCinFLA Solar Expert Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭✭

"The controll voltage is 3v-32v, my battery line voltage falls within that."

Sounds like it is a solid state relay. Beyond that, ?
  • Thomas
    Thomas Solar Expert Posts: 291

Yummy, good humble pie, gotta eat it about this...I got the wrong relay. Yes, it is a solid state relay. I thought that the zero switching stuff about it was concerning some techicality about the controll voltage. Actually, upon further reading it is not reccommended to use such a relay for an inductive load. Also the thing turns out to be incredible neato. And I really should not play with it. Zero switching is something like this..as I read it...it only allows current thru the contactor side when the light/relay is engaged AND when the a/c cycle is at a node low.(or something like that. , Bi-conditional, not just conditional like a normal relay I was looking for. It did work after I jumped it. I am waiting for a correct relay now. I got stuck on this type because the contact were large and would accomodate my terminals. (I had to fuse my meter, just a simple volt meter, is this common?) I willl try to keep my postings to real questions/occurances only, as per requests, as per making sense, I do so much of it I am an eye-sore. Sorry. Again real occurances/questions only, says "Forum" not "coffee shop next door..." Thanks so much.
    Always troubleshoot with adequate sunlight.  Hi Ho Hi Ho
    2.3kW [10] Enecsys SMI-240-60 micro inverters

• Joe_B
    Joe_B Solar Expert Posts: 318 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

This is a joke, right?
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Thomas wrote: »
    Yummy, good humble pie, gotta eat it about this...I got the wrong relay. Yes, it is a solid state relay. I thought that the zero switching stuff about it was concerning some techicality about the controll voltage. Actually, upon further reading it is not reccommended to use such a relay for an inductive load. Also the thing turns out to be incredible neato. And I really should not play with it. Zero switching is something like this..as I read it...it only allows current thru the contactor side when the light/relay is engaged AND when the a/c cycle is at a node low.(or something like that. , Bi-conditional, not just conditional like a normal relay I was looking for. It did work after I jumped it. I am waiting for a correct relay now. I got stuck on this type because the contact were large and would accomodate my terminals. (I had to fuse my meter, just a simple volt meter, is this common?) I willl try to keep my postings to real questions/occurances only, as per requests, as per making sense, I do so much of it I am an eye-sore. Sorry. Again real occurances/questions only, says "Forum" not "coffee shop next door..." Thanks so much.

thomas,
    you are cluttering this forum with nonsense again. i have asked that you clarify yourself more, but this post and many others proves you are continuing this for whatever reason. i must drive home to you that this is unacceptable and as such i will ban you for 3 days.