Clipper BM-1 Battery Monitor

2»

Comments

• Wanderman
    Wanderman Solar Expert Posts: 180 ✭✭✭
    Re: Clipper BM-1 Battery Monitor

BB,
    OK. I never said that I had a BM-1 nor the old 50mV @ 100 AMP shunt they supplied. I have a much older Ample Power Systems Emon #2020 it had/has a 50mV @ 400 AMP shunt. That's what is installed currently. I looked into the BM-1 a while ago (see the earlier sections of this thread) and found that the 100 Amp limit wasn't enough to support my max loads properly. The NEW model BM-2 supports 200 Amp worth of load and is supplied with a 50mV @ 200 AMP shunt.

http://www.nasamarine.com/proddetail.php?prod=BM2

The PDF at the bottom references the older model BM-1..nothing online yet manual-wise for the BM-2.

Rich
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

Sorry, I did not read from the beginning of the thread and misunderstood your post today.

In the end, it depends if the new meter is programmable or not... Or, if you want to "adjust" the existing shunt to the new value (more or may not be able depending on its design).

Or, see if it is worth purchasing a shunt + base from some place like www.hollowayshunts.com (Texas--don't know anything about them, you might find someplace more local).

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Wanderman

BB,
    No worries...I just hate to throw stuff away!!!

If you look at the photo of my existing shunt you'll see it's a nice one!

Rick
  • BB.

Sorry, also got confused when WestBranch started typing about 20 Pound additional cost for shunt--Started to type about Canadian/Border customs and first class mail from a Texas supplier.

-Bill

PS: Our host NAWS sells www.deltecco.com shunts--You might go through NAWS and get the right one, or check with the Mfg. and go direct/local retail seller too.
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Wanderman

BB,
    **LAUGH!!** Import duties and tariffs are a B*TCH!

Rich
  • BB.

Yea, the Internet does make cross border shopping a bit too easy at times. My father-in-law wanted some fish pond supplies that a friend recommended from a Canadian reseller. Good Stuff and good price--but going through UPS (or whomever the shipper was) racked up the duties and fees. :cry:

PS: www.deltecco.com supplies NAWS with their shunts--Check and see what they have and if you can buy through NAWS or need to go direct for your value.

-Bill
  • Wanderman

BB,
    Will do...thanks.

Rich
  • westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭

With NAFTA 'most' stuff only gets GST/HST applied if you bring it in personally, not much for real 'duties', now it is processing fees and taxes. Luckily small items, from what I have imported via Royal Mail, don't even have HST to pay. I figure it is more costly to bill you when it is less than $5(tax) than they collect...

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada