For the record

Thomas
Thomas Solar Expert Posts: 291
I am dumbfounded by the apparent blind stereotyping of a technoligy by claimed scientists. Due to this aooarent lack of objectivity I would default authoritative function to the import and export law establishers and say if the guidelines put out by the manufacturers are followed the items should be safe. The wisdom of Uncle Sam should overide at these points. Thank you:grr
Always troubleshoot with adequate sunlight.  Hi Ho Hi Ho
2.3kW [10] Enecsys SMI-240-60 micro inverters

Comments

• Thomas
    Re: For the record

thats apparent lack of, not arrogant ....

• mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thomas wrote: »
    ..... if the guidelines put out by the manufacturers are followed the items should be safe. ......

There are so many "safe products" being marketed, that turn out to be un-safe. High power electrical devices are not the thing to begin this experiment with.

Ford Pinto, breast implants..... you know the list.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• Thomas

It really is not an experiment and I am holding my breath that the thing doesn't get broke on me before I can get another one that is more modern. They are expensive, And I haven't laid a finger on mine in weeks now.

• Thomas

I have a bad case of the midas touch I am aware of....