ODD battery/charger behavior?

Thomas
Thomas Solar Expert Posts: 291
Any reason my ststem does not repond, it kind of stays locked up, all day untill the last few hours before decline? Everything sortof starts to work righter than it did all day for a few hours...does it get warmed up finally? My temperature ranges 30Deg-+weekly currently low40F.
240WattsBP/Solar Synergy and [2] 33 ahr AGM. It is allmost like its too much untill that time of day?
My charge controller data sheet attached
Always troubleshoot with adequate sunlight.  Hi Ho Hi Ho
2.3kW [10] Enecsys SMI-240-60 micro inverters

Comments

• Thomas
    Re: ODD battery/charger behavior?

I bought this charger at aurorapower.

i took the link out as it isn't relevant who you bought it from and it wasn't necessary to list it, but if somebody wants to look it up they can. competitive links are a no no anyway. niel

• Thomas

O.K. Competitive link? what is that? can I type the adress?

• niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Thomas wrote: »
    O.K. Competitive link? what is that? can I type the adress?

basically, no, i don't want you to do that. this forum is owned and operated by a solar distributor and it isn't right to take advantage of our host's investment to have this forum by undermining them with other solar businesses. it's in the rules too.
    http://forum.solar-electric.com/showthread.php?635-Forum-Policies-amp-Rules
    we sometimes stretch it a bit and allow some things depending on the context in which it was posted, but it's not a good idea to try our patience if we think you are trying to push another place of business. where you bought it is irrelevant as you posted the specs fully and quite well and that's enough info that's needed for others to give opinions with.
  • techntrek
    techntrek Solar Expert Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭

When you say "locked up", do you mean you aren't getting a charge from the controller until late in the day?
    4.5 kw APC UPS powered by a Prius, 12 kw Generac, Honda EU3000is
  • mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like that controller, is 100% potted and sealed, which will severly limit the power it can handle. I think the factory specs as listed, are over optimistic.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• Thomas

niel, sorry,I forgot about that angle involved w/all the technical stuff. The link was prompted by a change in the company offerings and a slight change in the model I had. I did not mention it only a refernce to the current offerings, also only indended as a alternatve soursing, I know how stuckinarutthingscangetshopping.$$$$$$
    I will try to remember this site is sponsored. uh oh yeah dummy

• Thomas

locked up, no the charger simply stayed stuck at charged all day. being the first day of sun in days that just wasn't real man. Turning on the inverter got the charging light for a short while. Lat in the afternoon the battery said ok I will take a charge or the charger decided to charge, the charging light came on. I am getting a xantrex next week....solve some of it w/ some money.

• niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

"I am getting a xantrex next week....solve some of it w/ some money."

you are getting a xantrex what next week?
  • Thomas

Xantrex C-35 w/remote temp sensor.
    I just got a box, nice steel Husky to put my suff in inside.
    2 batteries, inverter, dump load, charger, meters

• Thomas

I was going to get it at NAWS but I needed the differential for another line voltage switch.